The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where to buy nice looking rings (with a big diameter)? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xicepik
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal
117 Posts

Profile of xicepik
Hi ! I saw a really good looking ring (a big metal shiny ring but not heavy with a long diameter) that my teacher used in one of his lessons for a trick with ropes. The ring is "normal", it's not a gimmick or anything. Anybody know where I could get a couple like this? An online shop? Hobby shop?

Thanks
:)

Something like that :
http://www.rejuvenation.com/fixbshow5699......4f63d990
But bigger and of course without the "base".
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I have found brass rings of all sizes at my local hardware store. They are also available at tack stores (places that sell equipment for horse riders). You can buy individual "linking ring" rings of various sizes at Owen Magic (owenmagic.com).

You probably know this already, but the towel rings like you have pictured have a break to allow them to be clipped into the holder, and probably wouldn't work for what you want to do.

Maybe try places like Pier 1 Imports or Bombay.

Why not ask your teacher where he got his?

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
xicepik
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal
117 Posts

Profile of xicepik
He got his rings in the USA at a magic shop, but I'm in Canada so I won't travel just to buy some rings Smile.

Thanks for the tips !
Mark
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I have a friend who is a welder and he makes beautiful rings all sizes .The material he uses depends on what you are looking for. Examples:
stainless steel
steel that is chromed
aluminium
I had a 10 inch 3/8 chrome plated set made for Brad Burt, they were beautiful.
vinny
PS The seams are almost invisible.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
xicepik
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal
117 Posts

Profile of xicepik
I would like rings with steel that is chromed, it's what my teacher had and it looks really nice ! The diameter of the "metal tube" that makes the ring was probably 1.5 cm (0.5 inch I think) and the rings itself was probably a 10 inch. But it was not heavy at all, I assume that it's because it was empty inside.

Maybe I should talk with a welder, I know one. Or if your friend can take orders, it would be nice. Smile

Thanks vinsmagic
Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where to buy nice looking rings (with a big diameter)? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL