The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Nicholas Einhorn's "Spooked" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I love this routine and yes, I understand this is better performed on the floor, I have done so countless times with great success. But, I'm wondering if anyone is performing Spooked in a restaurant setting, table top? If so, what has the response been and what problems have you encountered?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Try it yourself.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Pete,

I will be doing so this evening. Just wanted to prepare myself for the unexpected. Who better to ask than someone who has done this.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yourself... your style and condidtions/handling may vary from others. I have worked out a totally different method eliminating the necessary and am tempted to market it.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Keep me posted. Would like to hear more about it.
churken
View Profile
Regular user
California
199 Posts

Profile of churken
Hi,

I do this effect at the restaurant all the time. Where I keep the necessary gimmick (trying not to give anything away here) is different than explained in the original handling, and my presentation is quite a bit different, but I do it on the table top and get great reactions. I've probably performed it about 5 times over the two hours I work at each restaurant on a weekly basis for over three years. (I would use it more, but I have enough material that I use it as my mood strikes.) I do not know the lighting conditions or if your restaurant has table clothes, etc., but in both of mine this routine has played very well - so well in fact that I refuse to use it as anything other than a closer.

Paul
churken
View Profile
Regular user
California
199 Posts

Profile of churken
I was just reading my previous post and wanted to clarify. I've performed this routine 5 times a night at two different restaurants on a weekly basis for over three years. That comes out to something like 1560 times (or so) that I have performed this routine on the table top in restaurant conditions. I was afraid that my wording on the previous post might make it sound like I only have perfromed it a total of 5 times.

Paul
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Where can you be seen?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Nicholas Einhorn's "Spooked" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL