The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Where did you learn that? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
When people asked me, WHERE I learned it.
I've got three replies, I tell them.

A: My dad had to go work with 'Shell company' in Asia and we were in a community. I was 6 years old and did not have to go to school. There was this group of ninja's there, that were totally into magic. And they taught me everything I know.

or

B: We used to have this old Chinese man living next to us. When he got really old, he taught me all these tricks while he was dying.

or

C: When I was 4 years old my parents worked in a circus as trapeze artists. My specialty was doing summersaults on a trampoline while being lit on fire. (you know those suits stuntmen wear? I wore one of those of course) In that same circus, we had a magician working there, he taught me everything I know.

I tell this to people with a really serious face and when they start to smile, I pretend to be upset they don't believe. And they really believe it at a certain point. I've told these story's so often I almost start believing them myself. The stranger the story, the easier they tend to believe it.

What do you say? Cause if you say: books or video's it kind of takes the magic away.

cheerio.
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Coincidentally, I've been using your 'A' response for several years now. But in my case, the story is actually true. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
Q: Where did you learn that?
A: Buying overpriced books, downloadable unreliable ebooks, giving into magic hype and paying ridiculous shipping prices because of a well shot demo which did not show the setup.
Smile Smile
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
bramptonmagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of bramptonmagic
Well, when they say, how is it done, I say, I do not know myself.
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Everything I know I learned from my mother (NOT)
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
kaitou
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of kaitou
"If I told you, they'd take my wand away"
or
"I got bored"
are responces I've used (and the second one is close to being true)
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Years of focus, martial arts training, and geeky magic books?
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
"I stayed in the Freedom Alps for about 10 years, I met a man and he told me the secret of life, how to get rid of a Mac and the art of magic."

*DR Evil Voice* honestly.... who wants to know the secret of life...
-=:Va(v)p:=-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Where did you learn that? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL