The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Top Five Marketing Courses for Magicians (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
I would agree with many of those listed here.

The best marketing SYSTEM I have found is David Farr's "Amazing System." It has increased my bookings significantly.

The bad news is that the system is currently not being sold.
Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
RE: Dave Farr "The bad news is that the system is currently not being sold". You may want to check with Dave on that as I did not hear that this past weekend from him. (Maybe because many folks there already had it.) But the "Amazing System" is not really a marketing course, is it? To me it's more like a tool to use within your business.

I have, of course, Jim Snack's "Success-in-Magic", and all of Eric Paul's "programs", with "the system", being one of the best (for me). Kaplan's fundraising magic work is also very good at covering a subject within the field.

I did mention on another thread (BOR Books) about Brad Ross's new BOR "system", as a treatment of a subject "within" the field also. I have no doubt that this one can save you BOTH time and money. I recently recieved it and was VERY impressed with the content and the DVD!! (If you already have it, but not the DVD, Brad does sell it seperate to those who already have the initial verision ie. cd's only.)

Blair
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
The best purchase that I ever made was Eric Pauls - How to become your areas top childrens entertainer...i followed all his directions and have a great show and business model that has been running successfully for many years. I am a full time entertainer and wow what a great buy that was...highly recommended...put me on the right path
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Any comments for Lou's course:
http://www.sixfiguremagic.com/
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Adam Christing (I think that's right--it's been a while) "Getting the Gigs" is VERY good.

I'm not a fan of the Dave Dee course or it's offspring.

Two books that really helped me (they've been around a while, and you will have to adapt some of the material to today's technology, but most of the principles remain the same):

How to Master the Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins
Getting Business to Come to You (author's name escapes me at the moment)

Anybody heard anything about Phil Jay and Chris Dugsdale's course?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
When are you going to put one together for us, Scott?
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
670 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Adam Christing's new course is designed for speakers, although the information can also be used for entertainers. The price on his website $1997, but if you use my link it is being offered at $997. Click Here to get all the details.

My course, The Real Secrets, was just released a month ago and is sold exclusively at www.SixFigureMagic.com. It is designed specifically for close-up magicians, although the principles, techniques, and strategies are applicable to any entertainer. It's not just a marketing course but a complete system to build your business as a magician.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks for the info.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2009-11-19 20:26, Dynamike wrote:
When are you going to put one together for us, Scott?

Hi Mike,

I doubt I'll ever put a course together--there are plenty of good ones out there already. I did write a book called "Great Scott! It's Show BUSINESS!" I sold the rights to it about 5 yeas ago, and it has not been republished.

I have Jim Snack's course, and it is very good.I'm sure Lou's is, too. The Christing Course I mentioned I bought from Brad Burt about a decade ago. Came with about 6 casette tapes and a book. It had some really good info for about $150 as I recall. So this new one must be really good!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ok, I understand. But if you change your mind, please notify us first. I like how you put together your blogs.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I like Jack Turk's Birthdays Shows Part Time and then you have the free
stuff that the rest of guys provide like the stuff you find on the Café' here
and or subscriptions (i.e. Eric Paul, Dave, Jack, etc..).
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
magus-inc
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of magus-inc
The trouble in my opinion is that these courses specifically for us magicians are primarily designed for the USA market and their strategies often do not work for us 'stiff upper lipped' British folk.

Is there anything out there that would cater for the strange Brits
.....follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you........
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a UK product & live training for children's entertainers:

--> Mike Clarke's Entertainer Trainer

Here are 2 more UK products:

--> Quentin Reynolds' Kid Show course

--> John Breeds' book - "How To Create Kids...... Income"

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
I have been studying James Muntons Booked in 30 days course online and have found it to be very helpful and full of useful information. I am learning a lot from James and he has some great ideas on how to grow your business. He supplies not only the idea but the resources - Web links, books, etc and step by step on how to achieve the goals he challenges you to do in the course.

I am a full time children's entertainer and have only good things to say about this course. I believe it will help me grow my business.

The link: http://www.zerotobookedsolid.com

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

http://www.NeverGrowUpMagic.com
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
On topic, I'm always on the lookout for useful resources, and I just posted to my blog a video from a world-famous sales training expert from a presentation he developed for IBM.

True, it's not specifically "magic marketing" but I think you'll agree it's a refreshing and insightful take on "expert advice".

The video's on my blog at http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com under the post entitled, "Another Expert's Advice..."

It inspires me to do a few more videos myself...
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
753 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
No one ever mentions my course as good or bad around here sheeeesh... LOL

Anyway...

Marketing training I have LOVED

Book Yourself Solid - Michael Port... (download the free workbook that goes with it) the whole red rope policy changed how I do business (had head about it before just never thought about it much or put it to practice till this book/ workbook)

I got started YEARS ago with Dave Dee's systems (and was successful with them doing day cares as a magician in GA)

SEO Revolution Jerry West (AWESOME course on Internet Marketing and worth its weight in GOLD times 10)

I've gotten a few of Brad Ross things and have used them.. they work well
magus-inc
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of magus-inc
Anything not kids orientated that will suit us in Britain ?
.....follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you........
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Have you tried Jim Snack's course, or Lou Serrano's course, or Adam Christing's course? Or have you asked them if they have UK customers, and how their courses helped them?

(See first page of this thread for links.)

Just because they aren't from the UK, doesn't mean you should ignore their offerings. Not all products are the same. For example, it doesn't take too much investigation to discover that Jim Snack doesn't sell his shows using a Dan Kennedy-style of "ultimate sales letter." His approach is more conventional. And that's just one tiny aspect of Jim's course.

- Donald
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
So is there a down-and-dirty comparison of basic styles/approaches, and which course aligns with which style? And perhaps even better - which approach suits which type of sales personality?

I am NOT good on the phone, plus I don't have a lot of time to answer every phone call. I am NOT good with typical "sales": finding the soft spot, setting the hook, overcoming objections, closing the trap - er, sale. So a course oriented heavily in this direction would be a frustrating waste of money and time.

Is it possible to make such a comparison? Or, how would one go about evaluating the different courses to better find one that might fit?

Ed
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Ed -

You may not like this, but it needs to be said for others seeking a shortcut. This is not meant to be mean.

The only way to become more skillful and comfortable at helping customers over the phone (and having the end result of booking shows), will be to start doing it, and become more experienced through practice and real world action. It works the same way for performing. You don't become more skillful by thinking about how to avoid it.

Success is built on action.

On the phone, there are many different ways to sell your services. Use a way that suits your personality, and also a way that works.

Aside from the phone, I have mentioned 2 other ways to sell your show, in recent posts on another thread (and via a PM I sent to you a while ago): post your rates online at your website / in your mailings, or use autoresponders through emails that sell you in print (communicate by email, instead of on the phone).

One more way is to sell is in person (instead of on the phone).

Still another way is to have an agency do all of the booking work for you, and you become an employee.

- Donald
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Top Five Marketing Courses for Magicians (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL