The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best DVD for 2009 ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1570 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Manchurian Approach
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
There are ALLOT of great DVD's and these threads are always fun to do.

Aaron Fisher's Search & Destroy DVD is INCREDIBLE. From his live performance to his detailed instruction on the routine and the nowhere pass, it's one of the best DVD's ever released.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
Quote:
On 2009-11-19 00:53, Dark Knight wrote:
With respect, wouldn't one have to have seen almost every magic DVD published in 2009 to have an informed opinion? Otherwise, this thread is really nothing more than "Best DVD I Have Seen for 2009" and, without knowing how many and which DVDs have been watched by the individual posters, even that is not very helpful.

I would be particularly interested in those magic and mentalism fanatics who watch almost everything that comes out for their (better informed) opinions!

DK

Although you are absolutely right, it's all just in fun, not to be taken seriously.
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
OK, then, I will join the fun. In Magic, I would vote for True Astonishments. In Mentalism, I'll say 13 Steps by Richard Osterlind.

Now, I don't own and haven't watched either of these DVD sets, mind you, but since viewing doesn't seem to be a criterion for voting, these are my choices!

DK
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Don't agree with you Dark Knight. Of course, very few of us had the chance to watch the whole production of 2009. But as serious magicians, sure that voters had sufficient choice to elect the best in one's humble opinion !

Seems like J bannon, P Harris, R Osterlind are leading the contest !
Smile Smile Smile
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Sankey's Kaleidoscope was pretty good.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
Monte
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Monte
TA, One more vote!
Monte, as in the 3 cards.
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 16:56, Mago Gregorio wrote:
Don't agree with you Dark Knight.

That's OK, Mago--I don't even agree with me.

DK
DaVinci
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of DaVinci
I have to add "Professional Opportunist by James Browns" to my list above.
I watched it with very high expectations, but James Brown did it again and topped everything.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
690 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I'm a huge Malone fan, but his Marlo DVD's were duds in my opinion. I've heard good comments on the new Bannon DVD, which I'm patiently waiting to receive. Will give my honest opinion when it arrives.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2009-11-24 03:55, RickVancouver wrote:
I'm a huge Malone fan, but his Marlo DVD's were duds in my opinion. I've heard good comments on the new Bannon DVD, which I'm patiently waiting to receive. Will give my honest opinion when it arrives.

Rick, can you elaborate some. Was it the material choice, or did you think the performances were off?

Thanks

Joe
~Joe
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Adding to my selection of Marlo Meets Malone, I have to add the An Evening with Jack Carpenter DVD. This is what we need to see more of in magic DVDs. Top card guys jamming and sharing their insights on moves, tricks and including stories to boot. Great job Mr. Brooks!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Another vote for card startlers by Paul Gordon.
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
I've gotta give a bundle of votes for Paul Gordon's Card Startlers. I've just watched all 5 hours and 50 crazily cool card tricks. Boy, what an entertainer and great creator. Yeah, and Jack Carpenter's 'evening with' is in top ten too. JP
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 00:44, John Pilotzi wrote:
I've gotta give a bundle of votes for Paul Gordon's Card Startlers. I've just watched all 5 hours and 50 crazily cool card tricks. Boy, what an entertainer and great creator. Yeah, and Jack Carpenter's 'evening with' is in top ten too. JP

Great vote John.

It sure deserves to win!
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
419 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I vote for Card Startlers too, then BAD (Bannon), Michael Vincent's DVDs and Mark James - Supercharged Classics !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Dear Mimo67 & Andi,

Did you get Card Startlers direct from Paul Gordon? I did and chatted to him. Nice guy, very helpful and VERY generous with both his time and offer. I got Card Startlers, Card Marvels, Corner Of Piccadilly & Jim Nastic Cards for a song! And, thank God, his (PAL) DVD plays on my DVD player in the US.

My favorites are Twin Peeks, Diminishing Not Likely, Shocked Aces, Nomadic Aces, Twister, Easy Ace Estimation, No Pockets Ultimate Transpo, Carbon Footprints...and most of the others:)

What do you guys like?

JP
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I need to do a review on it, but everyone that handles cards, get Aaron Fisher's Search and Destroy. To watch him sit at a table of people, in a restaurant is priceless. Even books can't give you that visual of how to handle an audience.

Folks watch a DVD, learn an effect and perform it and it falls flat, or it doesn't go the way it did for the Magician on tape did it with screaming people reacting. In the real world it's different and this DVD shows it and how to handle it.

I dig allot of the DVDS that came out this year. But this gets my vote.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
My vote goes to John Carney's Master Sessions. It's well organised to diversify everything to fulfill each season of the year, with cards and coins that fits everyone. Oh, there is a chapter at the end, which I learned loads! Very inspiring if ones want to improve his magic.

If I can choose 5, the rest will go to James Brown's Professional Opportunist, Michale Vincent's Rhapsodies Of Silver, Manchurian Approach
Best Regards,

Bob
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
3 way tie between TA, Bannon's Bullets after midnight and Carneys Master Sessions
Northern California
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best DVD for 2009 ! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL