The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Hello again-

I've just returned from the IBM Convention in Kansas City, and I must confess, those of you who have either posted or viewed this thread can be assured you are getting a winner- in both "Just Passin' Thru" AND "Pinnacle."

Sales at the booth far exceeded my expectations, even though I left a day and a half before the end!

To see the posts, and the positive comments here on the board have been very satisfying and motivating. But adding the dimension of performing these effects live, and seeing the reactions has been very flattering. I am now convinced more than ever, that these effects have been wholly embraced by other magicians.

There were countless times people pulled their friends over to the booth to see what was being talked about. And numerous other times where people came, describing to me, the chatter building about these effects away from the dealer tables.

I thought about this board, and those that have viewed the posts about JPT and Pinnacle. I wish I could demo these live for you to see just what others have now seen. The clips look great, don't get me wrong. But getting feedback that they even look better LIVE is really testimony to a couple of pretty darn good tricks, and from those who own these, and have confirmed the same here on the Café.

For those who enter this post new to the thread, please view the videoclips of these effects at:

http://www.magicbuzz.net

I wish I could have made it to the SAM convention coming up (darn!).

But rest assured, the first convention for me was nothing but a huge success!!

Thank you for your continued support of these items. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Russ
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
HEY! I just watched and practiced pinnacle and love it!! I did phase one and two on a bus while standing and could see people's eyes pop out. Haha... thank you so much Russ. This effect is so visual and strong, you don't need the miracle finish! That'll just be a bonus. Very nice work on this straight forward, impromptu, and visual effect!
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Ok, I just got this yesterday and I think it rocks! It will take about a week to get comfortable doing this.

I had the toughest time with phase 2, which I thought was not explained completely. Russ put all the emphasis on the left hand movement, but did not explain how the right hand should adjust. So I must have replayed phase 2 about 10 times with rubber band in hand before I caught on to what was going on.

Other than that, this is a high quality product that I am glad I purchased. I still can't believe how visual it is. I feel that I will use this item a lot. It is a perfect follow-up to CMH.

PS - the included rubber bands were icing on the cake. Thank you Russ for providing them. They seem indestructible!
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Thanks Huron and Cardguy,

The reactions I have constantly received is that Pinnacle is like real magic. How can the impromptu be done with a borrowed ring? Though I am sure there will be spinoffs from these concepts, the simplicity of the handling makes it look extremely clean.

I believe, too, that phase 2 requires the most work. But when you catch on to it, phases 1, 3 and 4 are cake. Describing it in text would be tough. Even visually, it can take a little time before you say to yourself, "oh, ooooooooooookaaaay! Got it!"
Even working with those at the IBM Convention, it just is one of those things like riding a bike. How can you possibly have that thing on two wheels race down the sidewalk? Until you do it!

And for $20 ?? You get one of those that you will be doing forever.

Russ
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I agree with you Russ! This routine is SO strong and so visual, not forgetting so simple! I watched it yesterday and I'm performing it already. I showed it to a friend today with a slightly different handling and he freaked out big time! He was like ' OH ****!' for every single phase. It was really funny and it's a really fun routine to perform. =) For phase three, I don't snap the band with my finger, but with the ring, which I find extremely visual as well. For phase four I let the spectator pull on the ring to 'melt' it off. Beautiful routine! Lovely work! You'll fool yourself with this one. Thank you so much Russ! Smile
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Huron-

That Phase 4 penetration you mention with the spectator taking the ring off the rubber band sounds pretty cool! I will have to try that one soon.

The snapping off of the band in Phase 3 can be done either way you mentioned. Whatever you feel comfortable with, and whatever you think is most visual, go for it.

Either way, the audible penetration is a nice focal point for spectators, because if they feel in any way that the penetration happened quickly, they've also heard the penetration. It then makes Phase 4's slow, visual finish even stronger.

Some of you have begun to express your progress with Pinnacle, and the reactions you have gotten. Thanks for the postings.

It would be interesting to hear from others lurking about. If you have begun to perform this for others, and you have the time to, please post and give a quick report of your experience.

Thanks
Russ Niedzwiecki
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
Russ,

Just bought Pinnacle this past weekend. Great trick. Very practical. I have been playing around with it so much that my fingers are very tired. I haven't showed it to anyone other than my wife as I would like to give it more practice before doing so. I can say however that my wife absolutely loved it. I think that the only downside to the effect is trying to figure out exactly what is done in Phase II. I must have watched it at least 10 times before I was able to figure out what the move was. That having been said, it is a wonderful effect and I highly recommend it to anyone that is willing to give it the practice that it deserves.

Brandon
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Brandon-

Happy to hear you (and your wife) like the effect.

Yes, it is phase 2 that will take the most time. It was expected that few would learn it instantly. Thank goodness for DVD's.

Some have mentioned that the phases are repeated on the DVD several times. It was intended this way, so that even while you can quickly replay it by handling the remote, you can keep on with where you are at in the routine, see it again, and not lose your positioning.

Hopefully, it will make most viewers get the knack in a shorter time.

Russ
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Sorry for the public post, guys--Russ, did you get the e-mail I sent you a couple weeks ago about this?

Send me a PM or an e-mail :o)
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Russ Niedzwiecki is the Jay Sankey of the new century. What a GREAT thinker and Great products.

I ordered from his website and it was here IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! What a class act!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
JackTheRipper
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of JackTheRipper
Quote:
On 2003-07-18 22:25, MagicChris wrote:
Russ Niedzwiecki is the Jay Sankey of the new century. What a GREAt thinker amd Great products.

I ordered from his website and it was here IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! What a class act!!!

Chris

I didn't think Sankey was that great. As for this DVD, I thought it was horrible.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
JackTheRipper, I don't know of anyone else who shares that view about Pinnacle. Can you explain specifically what you didn't like?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Larry is right. If you are going to post a negative or positive review state why. This will enlighten everybody else why you didn't like it.
MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
JackTheRipper, I'm sorry, but I do not share your opinion at all ... nor do I think you even own this DVD ... because if you did, you would know it is spectacular.

Great job Russ!

Jason
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Guys, I think that from the complete absurdity of those two statements he had to be joking, he just didn't throw in a smiley or what-not to put emphasis on the humor. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Jakks

By the way, I have not yet purchased this DVD, but it is on my A List. Just out of curiosity, could any of these ideas be used as a linking bands routine?

I plan to use it as a band and ring routine, but I have used Kenner's linking band routine for a really long time and with the extreme visual nature of Pinnacle and non permanent linking I just thought it might be spiffy to attempt to incorprate a linking band effect into the routine using the methods provided with the DVD.

Jakks
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
252 Posts

Profile of da5id
I received my copy of Pinnacle and I love it. I've given it a once over and this week I am going to sit down and work on it. It's brilliant. I'll be posting a full review over at http://www.sleightgeek.com later this week.

Jakks, I'll let you know if the moves can be done with two rubberbands. From my initial viewing I would say that the answer is probably not. You may be able to "port" some of it to two rubberbands, but these moves are designed around a ring and a band (I hope I did not reveal too much there??).
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Pinnacle is a Ring and Band routine. You wouldn't be able to properly do this with two bands and you wouldn't want to.

-T Smile
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
That's what I thought. I still have plans to buy this, but I was just curious as to know if any of the moves could be converted to use with another rubberband.

Jakks
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
The rubberband you use for the main Pinnacle effect is not gimmicked, nor is the ring, so yes use whatever rubberbands you want. The DVD mentions that the rubberbands included have a high rubber content so are extra stretchy, but I've done this with common or garden rubberbands and provided that they are big enough the effect works fine.

This effect is absolutely fabulous. I'd played around with the linking ring effect in the Magic of Micheal Ammar book a few years back and struggled a bit with the moves. This variation is better, more routined (4 phases), and explained on film. It's the best purchase I've made in a long time and well, well worth the money. Having learned it I'm going to use this and I reckon that it'll be in my repertoir for life.

To those that have previously complained that the miracle finish is not impromptu, you are trying to find fault in a really good product. Forget about the miracle finish, the other phases are strong enough on their own.
MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
I have to agree with WanderingMagician.

I have performed Crazy Man's Handcuffs for like, probably 5 years or more and was looking for something to enhance my rubberband arsenal, Pinnacle was just the weapon I was looking for.

Little did I know that Russ was from Michigan (I'm from Ann Arbor, Russ, but currently live near Lansing). I'm that much more happy I made this purchase knowing he is a fellow Michigander Smile

But on to the routine. Very well thought out! I have been carrying a rubberband with me everywhere I go while I practice the move (granted, I'm still 'mastering' Phase I). I'm loving every second of it!

Great work, Russ. As for the Miracle Finish? Bah, you don't need it, seriously.

If you haven't bought this DVD yet, you're missing an incredible DVD.

Jason
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL