The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
252 Posts

Profile of da5id
There are a couple of videos of people performing Pinnacle at http://www.sleightgeek.com .

Look for them in the Video Sharing forum.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Just gotta say how much I love this trick...THANK YOU RUSS....only complaint is Phase 2 being confusing...but don't worry I got it down Smile
~joeKing
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Thanks O. Silvester-

I'm doing what I can to respond as best I can to everyone, which has not always been easy with the numbers of e-mails and PM's received. Still, a lot of fun.

Pinnacle and JPT both have been seeming to gain momentum as time progresses. Seriously folks, these items are RED hot. We have gone to a second printing of Pinnacle (I predict a third, probably in September), and Murphy's sells the JPT's the moment they receive inventory. Don't know what to say but THANKS for all the support, and choosing to spend your hard earned money on these effects. Hope you enjoy them for a long, long time!

Russ Niedzwiecki
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Great job Russ! I love to carry a deck of cards and a few misc. tricks with me at all times. Pinnacle is such a great effect, and I can bring it with me anywhere.
Smile
F. Zandura
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
With the divorce rate so high these days, it's nice to see a product like Pinnacle come along. Because of Mr. Niedzwiecki's routine, I think there will be more guys looking for a reason to keep a ring on their finger at all times! Smile

I only had to watch the DVD a couple times to get the handling down. The moves were much easier than the previous posts had led me to believe, especially the dreaded Phase 2. Of course, it will take me some time to get them down fluently and smoothly, but it's the kind of thing that you can practice almost anywhere and anytime. Great job Russ!
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Thanks FZandura for the compliment.

And Pangea- about keeping rings on your fingers:

I have lost my wedding ring, probably a half dozen times in the past few years, all due to playing with Pinnacle. Right now, I can hear the pitch the ring makes as it drops onto a floor, 'ting.....ting..ting."

I can also hear my wife saying (many times), "you're going to lose that darn thing!"

I still have mine, but... to avoid a family blowout......

Suggestion- if you are married, and want to remain married, you may want to practice Pinnacle with a cheapie ring, not the GOOD one.

Russ
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Hmm, that's a good idea, I might have to get a cheap ring to practice with. I have been using my wedding band all the time for Pinnacle. I have not had any close calls yet, but all it takes is one and I am on the couch for a month! Smile Actually, now that I think about it, I have been practicing in the mirror a lot, in the mirror that is over the SINK in the bathroom. That's not a smart move.

Anyway, that's some good advice, be careful with those wedding bands fellas!

- Edwin Louis Cole
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Especially at the beginning, a wedding band or something like one, is the way to go. Then, as you get comfortable, you can begin to utilize 'other shaped' rings.

I've done Pinnacle with a bunch of different rings, but really big, odd shaped rings- though you can work with them- can pose additional challenges. This is why its best to begin working with a wedding band-type ring.

Russ
HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
You can also swap the last phase for Ringleader and
get that awesome final show and release instead of
(basically) repeating the first phase.
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
While most people had trouble with phase 2, I picked it up immediately. My problem is getting my fingers out of the way in phase 3!!! Really, this is great material. I don't know that it fits in with anything I do, but I will keep it warming on the back burner for future use. My compliments, Mr. Russ!!!!
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
gforster, I am similiar to you in that Phase 2 was very easy for me to learn, but I still can't get my fingers out of the way in Phase 3 when going from 3 fingers to one. One idea I was working on is on;y using 2 fingers instead of three, then I only have to remove one finger instead of two when switching into Phase 4. Did that sound confusing? Well, if you have Pinnacle than I am sure you get what I am saying (I hope).

- Edwin Louis Cole
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Glad to hear you guys are working through the routine together. To help aid, please PM me with additional questions, and I will try to take you through it.

I'm a little suprised by the phase 3 thing. When you do it for so long, you can't imagine some of the hang-ups. I think you'll both see it is pretty easy---once you get it down. But then, isn't everything?! Smile

Russ Niedzwiecki
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Well, the phase 3 thing is not a real big problem, I am just trying to perfect my moves. I can switch from 3 to 1 finger, but there is a slight snapping of the band when I do it (my middle and ring finger getting caught on the band as I retract them). That is what I am trying to avoid. So, it's not a real problem or roadblock for me, just a point I am trying to fine-tune.

- Edwin Louis Cole
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
Yep, Pangea, I understand perfectly. I can do it, just not smoothly. I tried working through the phase three alternate handling, but got slightly confused. I guess I could watch it 10 more times. Anyway, it gave me some great ideas for other things. Again, thanks Russ.
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Just as a note, this coming week, I will likely arrange plans for a THIRD printing of Pinnacle. Those of you that know about DVD printing minimum orders, this means the volume has been extremely good. Thank you all that have supported the effort. It's also been really great to make some new magic friends along the way. Please PM me if I can be of assistance.

Russ Niedzwiecki

If you have had even a remote interest in Pinnacle, you may want to visit my website:

http://www.magicbuzz.net

There you will find a special deal I will be trying out for a while.

And if you haven't yet seen the videoclips, they are on the site as well.

Russ Niedzwiecki
DamienKeen
View Profile
New user
Southampton, England
69 Posts

Profile of DamienKeen
I've had the DVD for quite some time now and can do the effect. Overall I like it..I am not sure about it's magicial impact though, maybe some ideas on presentation would be of help.

Russ, I can't help but think that phase 2 is too hard to understand for spectators. I've never had anyone say anything but I think they just don't really know or could see exactly what happened.

Damien. Smile
NotYourAverageJOE
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of NotYourAverageJOE
I really like this effect. I use this as the finally to my band routine. I perform this regularly.
NOT YOUR AVERAGE MAGIC
lllmagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lllmagic
Best impromptu effects with spectators ring.
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
After all these years, I still do this effect and people love it. Very visual.

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Lately I have been doing it with spectators own hair ties and rings.
Works great if you don't have anything on you and people want to see some magic.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL