The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I don't beleive you guys!I think it is a camera trick!
Well,congratulations Russ-excellent job.Please keep inventing!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Russ, you are my new lord and master...

you think i'm kidding????

liam
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
The videography was produced by Thom Bell of Thom Bell Productions. He has been in the business for over 20 years, taking him all over the world, shooting mostly for corporate clients.

Before the shoot, I saw Thom bringing in some stuff that just didn't look like what would be needed in a shoot - but what did I know?

He was moving some lights around and putting them just so, while I stood looking at him, thinking "that doesn't look any different
than before."

After the first take, he asked if I wanted to see it, so we waited fo the download. I viewed the set in the monitor for the first time. THEN I realized what he was doing. I couldn't get over how great it looked.

Thom is just a Master at this stuff. I'm glad someone mentioned it. I'll be sure to let him know. Thanks for the compliment, Yousif.

Russ
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Just bought Pinnacle and Passin thru. Hope they look as good as the videos. Smile
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Russ Pinnacle is infact a name of a piece of Hardware & Software used for Digital Video Editng. After the past few posts this just struck me as somewhat an accidental coincidence.
BTW Pinnacle are highly thought of in this field. Although I think the question has been answered I would just like to clarify that the Rubber band is normal and any no.19 band can be used. If this is the case then expect another order very soon!!
Also I live in the UK how much P&P will you want to add?
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
For those who have waited for Pinnacle to be in stock- it is here!!! It got here a day earlier than I expected.

You can order now at:
http://www.magicbuzz.net

I have finished all current orders, and they will be sent out first thing tomorrow!!

Thank you again for your comments on Pinnacle, and also Just Passin' Thru.

Russ
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
This looks really great.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Marko-

It's hard to really prove until you do it, but it really does look even better live!
Gordon Pail
View Profile
New user
Chicago
54 Posts

Profile of Gordon Pail
Hi guys, Gordon here..

What I can say about pinnacle is that it is impromtu and great.

I saw the video and the write out. It is pretty good to get something like this that is visual and powerful. I might invest in this and add to my routine.

Great work.
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
My entire stock of Pinnacle has now been received. I thank you all for the patronage to date. I've been informed by others who have done this much longer than I, that the amount of sales reflects a big winner.

The first owners of the Pinnacle DVD may receive their units as early as today. I invite those that do to post, and let others know what you think. The posts here can reflect the hopes of an item to fufill the pre-delivery "text" presented by those who have seen the clips of both Pinnacle and also Just Passin' Thru. I'm extremely confident the new owners of these items will be pleased, and will feel that their purchases were more than worth it.

I appreciate the support.

Russ Niedzwiecki
http://www.magicbuzz.net
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
I have asked this question a few times but seemed to get no response so here goes again: -
Is the rubber band normal in the sense that we can use our exsisting rubber bands to do the effect?
The only reason I am asking this is becuase Russ sells Special rubber bands through his site and also sends a rubber band with the DVD. THis leads me on to thinking that we will need to buy refills etc.. after buying the DVD.
Any Help is much appriciated.
JustAnotherMagi
View Profile
New user
Oak Canyon
79 Posts

Profile of JustAnotherMagi
Sybil, I believe it says in bold type on the web site that Pinnacle is gimmickless.
"I am the best magician ever..."
-The Conceited Part of My Mind
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Does anyone actually have this and use it yet? Are you doing the killer finish? Smile
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
140 Posts

Profile of Paris
Outstanding, have watched and rewatched. Have no idea. Would be great in my ring and string routine, then just add a rubberband. Need to get this one.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Sybil... the bands Russ sells and those provided with the DVD are not gimmicked and any band can be used. These ones are just easier to work with much like Camirand's Elite bands.

Tim
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
I got this, and all I can say is:
READ MY REVIEW! Smile
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Thanks Tim Trono and justanothermagician for help. Another thank you to Andy H for the review!!
copterchris
View Profile
New user
Austin, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of copterchris
I'd like to congratulate Russ on a spectaular invention. I have been watching the DVD and have the mechanics of the trick down after about 30-60 minutes (not polished and ready to perform though Smile ).

It's very simple, ingenious, looks great, is impromptu (which I love) and I can't wait to take it for a test drive!

In my opinion it's easily worth twice the price.

Chris
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I got my Pinnacle the other day and I need to find the time to sit down and practise it. I did skim through the video to get a gist of the routine. Something that should be addressed is the use of the word "impromptu". Don't get me wrong. The routine is very good but if you want to do the "Miracle Ending" then it is not 100% impromptu. I only feel it is fair to say so. It looks amazing but it is not impromptu.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2046 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I got this yesterday, and all I can say is, wow.

Okay, I lied, I've got lots more to say...

This is just really, incredibly good. I hadn't seen the demo clip yet when I got the DVD, so when I watched the performance segment for the first time, I saw what all the fuss was about. This doesn't look like rubber band moves, it looks like magic.

In the past I've checked out ring-on-band routines by Simon Aronson, Dan Harlan, and Jeff Pierce. As a stand-alone routine, I think Pinnacle is the best of the lot. It's the most visual, the least fidgety, and for that matter, the easiest. There's no fishy setup that you need to direct attention away from, and the amount of finger contortion required is absolutely minimal. Also, although the routine is great as-is, if you already know some other ring and band routines, you'll probably start feeling the creative juices flowing as far as combining different moves together. (Example: As has been noted, the Miracle Finish is not impromptu the way it's presented. But think of that really nice sequence at the end where he seems to visually toss the ring back onto the band... now think of the Kenner and Pierce methods. Can they actually work together? Dunno, but I'm about to go find out when I finish typing this.)

The instruction on the DVD is crystal clear, with all the moves presented slowly, from different angles, and several times in a row -- so when you mess something up the first time, you won't have that awkward moment of clumsily trying to operate a remote control with a rubberband binding your hands together.

Someone, possibly on another thread, was asking about releasing this in print in addition to DVD. To me, if there's one thing that justifies learning magic from videos rather than books, it's rubberband magic. Even when it's written and illustrated as clearly as it can be, it's still a bear to get through, so I'm thankful Russ presented it as he did. About a year ago Simon Aronson told me he was considering making a DVD of his "Ringleader" routine, since it was so tricky to learn from the book. I had been hoping that he would, but now I'm afraid the marketability for it just went way down.

Bottom line: If you don't do a ring-on-band trick yet, but you want to, I'd say make it Pinnacle. If you already do one, get Pinnacle anyway and you'll learn some great new moves to incorporate.

Stellar job, Russ!

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL