The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Caller ID/Reverse Look Up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2263 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
You see someone has called and because of caller ID you have their number, but they have not left a message. Do you consider these leads and do you follow up on them?

Any success?

If so, what did you say?

1. “I see you’ve called. You must be looking for quality entertainment, bla, bla, bla.” Smile
2. “Hey, couldn’t you have had the courtesy to leave a message?” Smile
3. Or do you use reverse look up and say, “I’m a magician and I’ve been given a vision that you, Mr. Smith are looking for a quality entertainer at 1313 Main Street in (their town). My vision also tells me that I will be the entertainer you hire and the party will be a great success.” Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Ken, in the past I have called the people back and have had some success. But I often find that these people are just shopping around to find the most
in-expensive performer for their money. So it is up to you, you might find more of a success rate in your part of the United States then I have had.

RJ
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
539 Posts

Profile of Carducci
I tend not to because I feel it seems desperate, but I have have called people back and gotten the response "oh hi! I'm so glad you called! We were looking for..."

When I've done this, I simply say "Hi this is the magician Michael Carducci, returning your call." or words to that effect.

Regarding #3, I have done this (with some success), but only before the actually called me. In some cases, I can determine which company is browsing my website. If they spend awhile clicking around I might call reception and ask to speak with the person in charge of planning special events and have even said words to the effect of #3.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Sometimes it is a wrong number they dialed, but I always call back
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Can't really say why, but it seems a little bit creepy to me personally.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
With me it depends on how my shows are during the time period. If I would have a lot of shows coming in at a good stream, why bother to call back. But if my shows are low, like they are now because of the bad economy, I would call back begging to work for food. Smile
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Mike, I know you're in Detroit but here in OH I am busy as ever. Just added 2 restaurants to my weekly gigs so now am booked 6 nights a week in restaurants plus fairly solid with parties, especially next month with so many company holiday (can't say Christmas anymore) that I have been turning them over to others for the last week. Sounds like your marketing program isn't being implemented.
Paddy
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I generally don’t have many missed calls with no voice mail but have occasionally called back the ones I have gotten. For the most part they are what they seemed and are in fact a wrong number. One option is to take a few minutes if your near the computer and reverse look it up to see if its a business or personal number and decide where to go from there.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Sure you can say Christmas is you want. Don't give in to the PC.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
It's always worth a try.... you never know, You might have missed a call from the attorney of some long lost relative that only needs 5,000 dollars to release you your one million.

Actually. I find that if you can return calls immediately* the shopper may be talking with another callback and you still have a shot.

*That was the reason they hung-up, because they were getting an incoming call.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Caller ID/Reverse Look Up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL