The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » How hard is it to learn balancing ladder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
How hard is it to learn balancing ladder in comparison (difficulty and time it takes to learn) to unicycle or Indo Board.

Thanks in advance.
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
Learn to balance a juggling club on your nose and the ladder will be cake.

Kevin
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
I think he means unsupported ladder. Tried it once. Kinda like stilts. I would say easier than unicycling, harder than rola bola (indo board). But that's me. Everyone's different. Good luck.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Yes I did mean unsupported ladder. I can balance a juggling club on my nose but don't know how that's going to help. I just will have to purchase one and try it.

Thanks
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I played with one, and it was a workout! harder than stilts. and a bit on the scary side.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
The climb up and balance whilst holding it is similar to using hold-on stilts. You'll get it in about a day, maybe less.

I have trouble getting my leg over the top rung and letting go. I start to freak out a bit if I'm honest and then I just fall. Feels completely unnatural for me to have the top rung between my legs.

Saying that though I do like the ladder. Looks great and is a nice alternative to giraffe unicycle. If you do street shows very few people use it, so would make a nice finale.

Of course if you're looking at learning something like this--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ehyArc75A ---It's gonna take a little bit more time Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Roslyn

Thanks for information. I do a street show and I am looking for alternative to giraffe uni so thanks. Love you clip fat chance that I will ever try anything like that awesome talent.

Thanks
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Wow, I was going to do that same act! but keeping my shirt on. Smile
that was cool.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
I've been using both 9 foot freestanding ladder and 9 foot unicycle in my various different shows for 5 years now.

Freestanding ladder (balance/juggling/limited tricks) was definitely much harder to learn than the same trick on the tall uni. In fact freestanding ladder was really really hard. Once you get your leg over that top bar you've got a long way to go before getting a solid balance and juggle.

From my own personal experience once you learn it - there are a lot of negatives that come with it. Can't perform on grass. Can't perform on most cobblestones. Can't move around easily on it. Most people just assume its like stiltwalking and pretty easy. And if you get pushed off from behind - good luck coming out of that without injury. They're also such a pain to travel with. Sorry to be a downer but freestanding ladder on the street is difficult to say the least.

Hey,I hardly ever see anyone doing rolla bolla anymore. That trick looks great with stacks and tables. And about a hundred times easier than freestanding ladders and unicycles.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Malini

Thanks for info. I am making a ladder first of year will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all the help.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I have played with rola bola, it was fun, near bust my but, Smile yet to find a non-juggler who finds it impressive. Any thing better than "you must be good on a skate board, can you olli? do a trick!"
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Rob the Balloon Guy
View Profile
New user
West Hartford, CT
96 Posts

Profile of Rob the Balloon Guy
My friend Daniel Forlano performs a freestanding ladder act at Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

http://www.danielforlano.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » How hard is it to learn balancing ladder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL