The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Princess Card Trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
Does anyone know the history/origin of this trick? I perform Simon Aronson's "Histed Hiested" and have had a great time with it. I also purchased the Paul Fox version some time ago from Jeff Busby. I found a copy of Louis Histed's book online, and read his suggestions. I also think I saw somewhere that it is mentioned in "Greater Magic." Is there a thorough discussion anywhere on the full range of issues with this effect?

Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
Marcus K
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
96 Posts

Profile of Marcus K
Johnny Thompson's DVD bills it as being by Harry Harper and Dai Vernon, with presentation by Dr. Jacob Daley.

On the subject, if anyone knows what is "New" about the new Limited Edition, I would be pleased to know.

Thanks!

Marcus Smile
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
All you could need to know about the Princess Card Trick is contained in the excellent book The Impostress Princess by Peter Tappan. The book contains history, working, various methods, kicker endings and an excellent lead-in trick.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I knows its not history but I made a photo montage version which is at http://www.funnybones.com.au/toppage13.htm which gets a good response from clients.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
"The Impostress Princess by Peter Tappan" is not about Princess Card Trick.

Hideo Kato

Nicholas, congratulation on your new presentation of the trick.

I felt Pablo, in fact, ate my selection.

Slydini once told me personally "Kato, talking is everything in Magic".

I would like to say "Presentation is everything in Magic".

Hideo Kato
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
There is a section in Jenning's '67 on the Princess.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Haha, great presentation, Nicholas. Very funny.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I must say at the magic shop the guy did the princess card trick for mr three times, and I still didn't figure it out. I was totally baffled. Smile Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5836 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2003, Marcus K wrote:
Johnny Thompson's DVD bills it as being by Harry Harper and Dai Vernon, with presentation by Dr. Jacob Daley.

On the subject, if anyone knows what is "New" about the new Limited Edition, I would be pleased to know.

Thanks!

Marcus Smile
Henry Hardin was the creator . It was explained in the Art of Magic.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
SmileAndNod
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of SmileAndNod
I believe it was also originally called The Prince's Card Trick, but was misheard as the Princess Card Trick when it was first published. I don't remember where I read it though.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2798 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
My version, "Heisting Histed Heisted" appeared in Power Plays. The latest version, "Heisting Histed Heisted 3.0" is in the new book, TESSERACT. An earlier version of HHH 3.0 appeared in the upadated Tappan book "The Impostress Princess Expanded." In HHH 3.0 the last spectator shuffles all the packets together and hands you the shuffled cards. You pass out groups of cards to the specs who tell you if they see their card. Without seeing anything you "read their mind."

Mike
MGordonB
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
This trick is also in the Encyclopedia of Card Magic by Jean Hugard. It is attributed to H. Hardin
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3040 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Mike Powers, I think you are talking about the same trick in "The Impostress Princes". It's based on dealing. The princess card trick doesn't involve dealing. You just use a group of five cards.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2798 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Hi MeetMagicMike - My Heisting Histed Heisted doesn't involve dealing, just groups of five cards. The John Mendoza routine, Routined Poker Mental involves dealing. It's an excellent version of the effect, too.

Mike
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, MGordonB wrote:
This trick is also in the Encyclopedia of Card Magic by Jean Hugard. It is attributed to H. Hardin

This is also where I first heard of it; but its nice to know there are so many versions out there. I wonder if it is indeed older than we think! Lynn
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5836 Posts

Profile of motown
The Art of Magic was published in 1909.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, motown wrote:
The Art of Magic was published in 1909.

Sure enough Motown, by T Nelson Downs. Princess Card is right there in chapter IV, for all who have copies. You can buy it fairly cheaply from Lybrary. Lynn
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
2912 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
It's also on archive.org due to its public domain status.
A screed for scams, sorcery, and other shenanigans... Nu Way Magick Blogge

JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Goldfield
View Profile
Loyal user
Universe
274 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Does anyone know the version name where the 5th card vanishes from the pack?
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence. Nikola Tesla, Serbian Inventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Princess Card Trick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL