The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Red Tape Thumb Tie (Irv Weiner) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2016, 0pus wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2016, Nala Nosmoht wrote:
I attended an Irv Weiner lecture in the early 1980's , Vancouver BC. Thought he was one of the nicest lecturers I had ever met! (as was John Thompson!)
Bought his lecture notes, and performed his "dancing egg routine for many years.

Nala,

Could you describe the dancing egg routine for us?

Hello Opus;

Just stumbled on this old post from last Summer;

I got great reactions, as did Irv from this routine, it's just acting with a gimmicked egg, making it appear to come alive, then covering with a silk, (to capture it),
switching in a real egg and breaking it into a glass. I used to pick the glass up to smell it, act as if it smelled bad. Doing this one time the kids screamed at me to drink
it. I would act as if I was going to several times, they would scream even louder DRINK IT!!
Actually in the end I would! which elicited even more reaction. (maybe not wise, a raw egg, but I never ever had any problem)
The routine went over so well, I added a bit at the finish that got another great reaction)

I actually still have the original Lecture notes (a 15 page booklet) "Simplicity Magic" Lecture #2. from the lecture I attended in 1981, it has 6 other routines in it. The egg is the
only one I ever used. He stated it was one of his favorites, even was front page in an issue of Huggards, but he had never seen or heard of anyone taking the time to learn it.

I don't know why, it is "simplicity" to learn and it never failed me.

Regards, Nala
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Red Tape Thumb Tie (Irv Weiner) (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL