The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Robert Nelson 'Scope Worker's Poster Repro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

julieannjohnson
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of julieannjohnson
Wow! I just have to rave a moment. I am now the proud owner of the incredible Loren Tindall "Robert Nelson Tribute Zodiac Poster" from mevproshop.com -- the painstaking, loving reprint of Robert Nelson's famed zodiac poster, as advertised in all of those fabulous Nelson Enterprises catalogues from days of yore.

See it here:

http://www.mevproshop.com/nelson-zodiac-poster.html

If older CR and mentalism material appeals to you, with or without an astrology angle...

If you perform in an Art Deco persona...

If do parlour readings within a historical district...

If you are looking for something large to put across a carnie or midway look...

THIS POSTER IS FANTASTIC. It is printed on heavy, *really* heavy, art paper. It is visible from half a block away. It screams "1920s 'Scope Pitch."

Now, here's where you may think I've taken leave of my senses, but I propose that rather than buying this poster just because it is rare and oh-so-cool, you might consider using it as a "tool of the trade" and not hoarding it as a "collectible."

Yes, it is a costly limited edition, but if old-time ambience is your interest, you will know that there is nothing quite like this historical zodiac chart on the market -- nor has there been anything like it on the market since the 1940s, so buy two -- one to keep and one to use. (Just joking ... kinda....)

How would you use it?

It could be mounted to canvas and then rolled for travel and urolled where you set up, if you wanted it to deteriorate and age naturally, just as the rare originals did.

Mounting it to board and varnishing it would be another "authentic" way to use it, while gracefully ruining its "collector" value.

Framing it under non-glare glass with an old-fashioned narrow dark frame would be a third option, for those who have a parlour with a large wall space.

I am tending toward the third option. I have just the place for it in the open gable end of my buiding.

What a lovely thing it is. Thank you to Loren Tindall for the loving care you took in recreating this piece, and thank you to My Secret Santa for sending me such a beautiful memento of the glory that was Nelson Enterprises.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
250 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
Congrats on your acquisition. And I apologize in advance for the 10.5-year time warp delay in posting this. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Robert Nelson 'Scope Worker's Poster Repro (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL