The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Top Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads of 2009 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Slightly off topic I'm afraid, but if you love 'strange feeling', check out Christopher Dee's Anate...these two go together perfectly!!!!
Thaumaturge
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
Switchcraft is the download that keeps on giving. There have been numerous downloads for this wonderful ebook. The result is this great resource keeps getting better and better. I wish all authors would follow this model.
Northern California
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5962 Posts

Profile of motown
Another vote for yet another fine e-book by Tom Stone

"Prey of the Prestidigitator."

A combination of excellent material and production values. This book has as many illustrations as books 5 or 6 times it's size.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of Bambu
I liked 3 Coin Fly by R. Paul Wilson
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-11-17 17:41, mormonyoyoman wrote:
How could I list all the greatest downloads of this year?
The Jinx - maybe THIS is the greatest download of 2009 - in the best, and completely searchable PDF for only $15...for only $15, the BEST that has ever been published in mentalism and card magic.***Popular Card Tricks by Walter Gibson (the missing pages of the Jinx, and a great publication in its own right) being available in PDF for the first time.***

Chet,

Is the Jinx .pdf searchable different from the previously released Jinx CD version? I believe that the CD is also searchable. Is the .pdf version different and is it easier to use?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Much easier, Mike. More easily (and quickly) searchable, and no infuriating password to remember (or have a hard time reading on the paper from Houdini Magic).

It also doesn't lose characters because of poor margins, or the Houdini copyright covering up text.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-12-03 16:28, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Much easier, Mike. More easily (and quickly) searchable, and no infuriating password to remember (or have a hard time reading on the paper from Houdini Magic).

It also doesn't lose characters because of poor margins, or the Houdini copyright covering up text.

*jeep!
--Grandpa

Thanks for that info, Chet.

So where does a person buy this .pdf Jinx file and how much is it? (I'm really glad to hear that this is different from the Houdini Magic CD version. Frankly, I could never get the hang of its alleged searchability function and, in frustration, I just gave up trying. I then fell back on my ol' dependable Tannens hardback version.)

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
But if I tell you, Mike, I'd have to tell EVERYone!

Oh, all right! (sulk) Here 'tis:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-jinx-p-29013.html

$15. That's ridiculous for what may be the single best depository of GREAT magic and mentalism -- which is, by the way, HUGE. 907 pages! Yikes!

*jeep!
--Sleepy Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Bean
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Bean
Yup, I have to agree with Chet and throw my nomination/vote behind The Jinx as well. So much history, so many things explained and, best of all, it's the closest thing to sitting down with Annemann and listening to him talk. I've been reading a little every day and I know I'll be re-reading it for years to come.

And Chet? Your review of "The MagiCIAn" sounded so good, I'm going to have to order that one, too.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have bought several ebooks this year but my nomination has to go to Switchcraft. With several supplements each year, these are almost new ebooks in themselves. This is a wonderful work which just keeps growing.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2009-12-05 11:53, Bean wrote:
Yup, I have to agree with Chet and throw my nomination/vote behind The Jinx as well. So much history, so many things explained and, best of all, it's the closest thing to sitting down with Annemann and listening to him talk. I've been reading a little every day and I know I'll be re-reading it for years to come.

And Chet? Your review of "The MagiCIAn" sounded so good, I'm going to have to order that one, too.

You won't regret it, Mr Bean. You may end up admiring or hating Mulholland, but you'll definitely have your views of him challenged.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Top Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads of 2009 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL