The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Search for an exact phrase? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Hello Steve, Mary and the rest of the gang who make this my favorite online haunt ever!

I do a lot of searching on this site, and one of the only things that slows me down is the inability to find posts that have the exact phrase I am looking for.

For example, if I wanted to do a search for posts about Robert Neale's book, "Life, Death and Other Card Tricks", I would have to wade through posts with all of those words in it, but may not be at all about this book. Is there any chance you can add a search function like this? The ones at eBay and Google come to mind as super-effective search engines within a site.

Thanks so much for all you do. Whatever your response, I love it here, and I ain't never leavin'! Smile

Jay Smile
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Coming soon to a Café near you! Smile
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
You just made my first Father's Day even better! Thanks!!

Jay Smile
bugmagician
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of bugmagician
This new "search engine" looks fine but doesn´t work at all!!! What´s problem in using it just searching by Key Words without "have one other parameter selected "????
Fix it, Steve, please!!!
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
The "problem" is explained here, and it's a big problem that had to be taken care of - there was no other choice in the matter. Sorry!
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
bugmagician
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of bugmagician
As far as I had read "the 'problem'" is explained but not solved! So many guys have had so many problems about this 'new' search engine. I think is better to get the old one back!!!! Smile
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
The old one was putting too much load on the server and continually threatening to crash it. The old one caused considerable slowness and many errors on the Café due to the extreme load that searching the huge posts text database for keywords caused. The old one was literally killing the server. That's why Gene made the new one and solved the problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Search for an exact phrase? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL