The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Encyclopedia of.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi everyone.
Would you be interested if anyone made a DVD, book or any resource solely on dice switches?
There are quite a few resources out there, each talking about and showing dice switching techniques, but very few. Could the reason for this be, there are very few technniques for dice switches out there, or dice switches are not an important component of sleight of hand, cause I think they are VERY important. But for the sleight of hand enthusiasts, I'd be very interested in learning a variety of dice switches. Right now, I only know 4.
Just a thought.

Michael
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Hell yes I would be interested.

And I am sad that your message seemed to start by asking if there was an interest, almost as if you wanted to do the project... And then finishes by essentially saying you'd be interested in seeing such a project. Well, so would a lot of people. I know who can do beautiful dice switches. I have no idea if they'd be willing to work on a wide release DVD showing what they do, or how to get the project together at all.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
If all the best dice switchers gather and combine all their methods and skills into one book, or DVD or any resource (forte, joseph, piacente, just to name a few), that'd be one hell of a great project.
I just thought about it, because there's not one single resource out there dedicated solely to the methods of switching dice.
Hope to see something like that soon, because for gambling sleight of hand, that's a treat. I think most hustlers out there specialize in card work. Very few can do things with dice, which is why dice methods should be a focus, if hustlers truly want to be able to do "everything" or "the real work".

Michael
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Far as I know Tony Giorgio's next tape was supposed to be about switches. I don't think he's making it anymore though.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
875 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Too bad, THAT would probably be an amazing tape
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1885 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 14:30, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
Hi everyone.
Would you be interested if anyone made a DVD, book or any resource solely on dice switches?
There are quite a few resources out there, each talking about and showing dice switching techniques, but very few. Could the reason for this be, there are very few technniques for dice switches out there, or dice switches are not an important component of sleight of hand, cause I think they are VERY important. But for the sleight of hand enthusiasts, I'd be very interested in learning a variety of dice switches. Right now, I only know 4.
Just a thought.

Michael

Whats up Michael?? I think 4 different switches should be enough as long as you do the 4 switches very well....I think what will set you apart from a fake is knowing the why and when to apply the moves, then learn when to get it out... 90% of the people would love to see such a project of the sort, but I guarantee the same 90% doesn't have a clue about playing, let alone running a dice game... OF course, if you plan on using the switches to win at yhatzee, then no more needs to be said..
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Encyclopedia of.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL