The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » How important is pdf customer service? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bouche
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of bouche
I currently live/work in the Canadian Arctic. I am about a 3000$ flight from the nearest brick and mortar magic shop. Needless to say I get a lot of my magic these days online.

I didn't really think to much about customer service until I actually got some!

I have previously asked questions, received errors, missed downloads, because of poor internet connections etc. Often I get form letters, ticket numbers, or no replies at all.

Now having bought most of Scott Guinn's merchandise on his website I can honestly say:
I have never had a single problem with downloading or receiving the material.
and he communicates with me - personally! So if something did go wrong I know I could just e-mail him - personally! and it would be worked out.

Although all this is done on line - I think the personal touch still matters. What do you think?
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I think that no matter what someone is selling they should provide good customer service. I don't care if it's a physical book, a prop or even a computer file. I also believe that the customer should expect good service as well.

Just my thoughts.

-rob
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
When you purchase something from my site, I will ALWAYS answer any questions and help out as much as humanly possible. No excuse for poor customer service. Not if you want to stay in business, that is! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 20:06, bouche wrote:
I currently live/work in the Canadian Arctic. I am about a 3000$ flight from the nearest brick and mortar magic shop. Needless to say I get a lot of my magic these days online.

I didn't really think to much about customer service until I actually got some!

I have previously asked questions, received errors, missed downloads, because of poor internet connections etc. Often I get form letters, ticket numbers, or no replies at all.

Now having bought most of Scott Guinn's merchandise on his website I can honestly say:
I have never had a single problem with downloading or receiving the material.
and he communicates with me - personally! So if something did go wrong I know I could just e-mail him - personally! and it would be worked out.

Although all this is done on line - I think the personal touch still matters. What do you think?

Thanks for the props, Matthew. Your words are much appreciated. I do my best to provide 100% customer satisfaction. It is gratifying to see that you appreciate the effort.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
bouche
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of bouche
There is lots of magic available online now, and some very professional looking websites.

I think that sometimes in business people think that you will be perceived as more professional if you have a secretary, form letters, video ads and lots of 'bells and whistles'.

If the product is good, it will sell. However, you don't have customer loyalty. You are jut relying on customers who will look anywhere for the latest thing...

There is a reason why Scott has so many and lengthy reviews. Other magicians are totally behind him, not just his product...

BTW I have some Cameron Francis stuff too- not too shabby either Smile
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
The personal touch does matter. it doesn't matter if its face to face or via the internet, customer service is very important. would you continue to shop at a store where you were treated badly? internet shopping and correspondence relies in most instances via email. so being able to respond to your customers via email in a timely matter should be a high priority for someone that is doing business on the internet.

example of a bad experience for me. I purchased a few pdfs that were password protected. unfortunately I lost the password and I couldn't get the person I bought them from to respond to my emails. thankfully a 3rd party stepped in and helped me out. although others say they have received great service from this person, I didn't get it, and my experience is what matters to me. needless to say I may never do business with them again.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Just a little note about passwords protected pdf's - I usually password protect my releases to stop them falling into the wrong hands and on the wrong websites (and so far I've not had any problems with piracy, touch wood) - but I've stopped doing this now, since I've realised how much of an annoyance people are saying it is!
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2118 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Scott is a great guy to deal with, so I'm not supprised.

As one that sells mentalism effects / ebooks, I have this to offer regarding the topic:

1) I'm proud enough of my works that I WANT the buyer to get them in the fastest time possible and will do everything I can to make that happen...even if it means sending out mail on a camel in Iraq or a donkey in Afghanistan!

2) Magic, and especially mentalism, is such a small "close-knit" community, with such a limited customer base, that anone selling effects had BETTER make sure both the effects and customer service are TOP-NOTCH, or word WILL get out.... as it should!

Bryn
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now only $10 ea! PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com

Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » How important is pdf customer service? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL