The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Out of State Shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
I am going to visit my family in PHX for Thanksgiving. Apparently there is a very busy weekly flea market there. My dad said that it's only 10 bucks and that I can can book a spot as late as the day before. Soooo....I want to get something set up out there. I will be there all day Friday before the market opens on Saturday and Sunday. Any advice on a travel friendly set-up? I don't want to sacrifice too much flash, but I doubt I'll be able to take much of a pitch joint with me on the plane. I am filling up one suitcase that is just below "oversized" rating. I will need to carry all inventory in that suitcase as well.

Also, part of the reason I'm doing this is because a family member is interested in doing this on a regular basis out there, so I am asking him to get a vendor's license. Anyone aware of any issues?

Thanks
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
If you're going to do business in another state that has sales tax, I think you will need to get a "resale license" from that State too, and be required to collect and pay sales tax to that state.

When you said that you were getting a "vendor's license," is this what you were referring to?

As for packing, I'd go with a 3' x 6' banner as an essential, and it should roll up pretty small. Even a 2' x 6' is better than nothing. I think Bill's setup had a couple different size banners you could use.

You can probably pick up a good inexpensive pitch table at a Sam's Club or Costco or whatever on location, so you don't have to haul it around. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
What flee are you going to be setting up at? I have a Zibit I would like to take out and I am kind of in the same boat. I could check out the location and let you know what I find. I know one flee here has awnings all over and a tent wont really be needed. You can PM if you would like...

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Seth,
Yes, the vendor's license is what I have here in Ohio to pay taxes on my sales. I was planning on buying a cheap table when I got there.

Fitz, Not sure what market. I'll PM you when I find out more details.
Jeff Wright
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Ok, so I packed 6 dozen decks, 100+ worms, and a bunch of TCMs. Sadly, I'm going to have to figure out all the flash when I get there.
Jeff Wright
sescarny
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of sescarny
Garland from the local dollar store or walmart will add lots of flash for little cash and add even more to the christmas spending mood. While there, grab a few cheap stockings for display too. GTFM!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Out of State Shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL