The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mental Enjoyment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Made a magic ebook with 7 brand new effects:

B4

The magician places three quarters lined up in a row near the edge of a table. The magician hands the spectator a notecard, which reads "You Will Choose B4". He then explains that while most magicians only show their prediction after they have made their choice, he prefers to do so before (get it, B4).

The spectator is asked to touch a quarter. The performer flips the coin, to reveal the writing "B4" on it. The spectator naturally flips the other quarters, but they all say "A4". The effect works 100% of the time. There is no force whatsoever to which coin they choose; and they only touch one coin.

Number-Me

For a small group of 4-10 people, the magician hands the spectator a paper and pen, and asks them to write a number between 1 and 10 on the paper while he turns his back, and then fold the paper in half. When the spectator is done, the magician looks him in the eyes and name the number with no byplay. The spectator can then examine everything.

Dis-Card It (Is)...

The performer hands out a deck to be examined. Then he asks for a (truly random) volunteer to look any card from the deck (let's assume the 5 of Hearts) while the magician turns his head, and then replace it. Once this is done the magician hands the deck out once more to be examined by the spectators, or discarded. He then withdraws a pen, writes something on it, then folds it up, places it on table, several feet from himself, and turns his back. Then he asks what the card the volunteer chose. After naming it, the magician shows his hands clearly empty and examinable, then slowly places his right hand, palm down, upon the folded index card, raises it, and asks the spectator to read what it says. It says: "Dis-Card it is 5H". No forces.

Modern Visuals

The performer asks a spectator to visualize a color from the ROY G. BIV spectrum. The magician then goes on to explain that while most people are visually inclined, he is more literal, preferring letters to pictures. The magician closes his eyes and begins to see letters, and hones in on their color hit after hit in and slowly names it. "Was that the color you were seeing?" This effect utilizes no forces, and is very clean and straight forwards from the spectator's point of view.

MindCoin

The magician is sitting across a coffee table with a friend. He shows his hands clean, and then asks his friend to name a coin. The friend does, and slapping his hand onto an invisible coin on the table, audibly slides the coin off the table to pick it up and toss it to his friend. Highly powerful, a no-force way to make a merely named coin become reality.

Vanishing Point

I discovered this principle quite by accident while playing with my Raven. Extremely mindblowing, its a mental trick that can be performed with or without a Raven for about 1-4 people. With more then one, it can take a bit of a dual-reality turn. Its hard to explain it properly without giving it away, so I will just say that it is another double hit mental coin effect that leaves the spectator boggled at how the magician read their mind and vanish a coin at the same time.

ClosingTime

The spectator picks a random time and the magician reveals that his watch had stopped at that time before the trick even began.

Would like to get in contact with someone to read it and give me feedback on it so I can see if it might be marketable.

B4 is easily my favorite effect. Smile

Post or PMs both work. Thanks!
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Forgot to add as well, its 11 pages long.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Thank you to all the reviewers!
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
How do we find out more about this ebook?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5811 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I have to ask. You have mentioned your age a few times. With that in mind how much have these effects been performed in front of an actual paid audience? I am not trying to down grade your book without seeing it. I just asked the question before I even saw what your book was even about.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I too am curious about this...

the effects sound quite basic...

J
xxx
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
Magicfreak2 - Your posts do not have a link for a PM. Does anyone know the significance of this? Still an active member?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Mr Freak, It seems like only yesterday you were asking how this and how that. Now you are selling your life's work. America....what a great country.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Like a wise man once said "The one thing the amateur has that the professional envies is confidence."
Dick Christian
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Send me a freebie: if I like it Ill tell you like it is

if I don't like it: same thing
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-02-12 14:33, johncesta wrote:
Mr Freak, It seems like only yesterday you were asking how this and how that. Now you are selling your life's work. America....what a great country.

J

Good grief... I posted this at least a few months ago............... (Check dates next time, Nov. 17, 2009.. hmm... what is that, December, January, February, almost a whole semester)

So unless you have a messed up time machine, I'm afraid I may have asked for information yesterday ("Magicians helping magicians" comes to mind), but I posted this 80 something yesterdays ago.

I already posted it for free in Inner thoughts or secrets at christmas time, and mentioned it too somewhere around here (cant remember which one), and some people did like it. Search in both forums for "B4" if you are still interested Smile

As it is, I thought this thread had been deleted.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 07:09, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:

J

Good grief... I posted this at least a few months ago............... (Check dates next time, Nov. 17, 2009.. hmm... what is that, December, January, February, almost a whole semester)

So unless you have a messed up time machine, I'm afraid I may have asked for information yesterday ("Magicians helping magicians" comes to mind), but I posted this 80 something yesterdays ago.

I already posted it for free in Inner thoughts or secrets at christmas time, and mentioned it too somewhere around here (cant remember which one), and some people did like it. Search in both forums for "B4" if you are still interested Smile

... even worse, closer to the times you were asking how this and how that. Thanks for making us aware of the true time span.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 11:40, johncesta wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 07:09, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:

J

... even worse, closer to the times you were asking how this and how that. Thanks for making us aware of the true time span.

J

Your welcome. I just thought you should be informed.

Quick question; since when was asking questions on a "helping magicians" forum something to be looked down upon? For that matter, since when was replying to a question with anything except a "search it" a bad thing?

If I'm not mistaken, you were the first one to ask for a copy
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
I found it, thank you Magicfreak

http://www.imagicos.com/B4-ver2.pdf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mental Enjoyment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL