The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Flea Circus Pics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
It wasn't really a busking gig, but a pal took some photos of me performing my flea circus at a Humane Society Benefit event this past weekend. Please take a look at the photos and offer any advice you think would help me: I plan on taking this act to the streets soon and could some helpful tips from you pros. Thank you.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24673084@N0......8594301/
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Absolutely charming to look at... I'd love to hear a synopsis of your show.

Did you make your own props, buy them? Tell us more!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Prof

The photos indicate that you and your audience were having a great time. In the second photo I am sure I can see one of the fleas jumping onto that fluffy dog. A flea circus is on my agenda for next year - I am keen to hear how you and your tiny performers develop the act.

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I just love your googles! Want them! It looked really professional and I liked your posture. The props - oh man!

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Yeah the googles rock. You look like your having fun the crowd look happy and the fleas look free range.

Great work love it.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Congratulations Jim.
Pictures show that you are having a lot of fun.
I like your flea Circus; mine is more custom made with a lot of skits.
Just an advice, if you are looking for more ideas, any PK effect could work great with your Flea Circus.
Regards!
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hi, enjoyed your pictures. Nice colours, nice action. What kept popping in my mind , though, is how all/most Flea Circus tend to go the same route. ,.. dive in water,.. swing,... shot from canon,.... hmm.

give it easy,
gallagher
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. First, I agree with gallagher and I am always looking for new things for the fleas to do and have a few ideas to try out soon. That;s the first time I tried the goggles during the cannon shot and they got a great reaction from the crowds. I love doing this show and I'm glad to hear that it shows in the pics. The circus itself is great, but I find myself relying on it less now. I spend more time with the fleas in my hands, performing little jumps and things. The circus attracts people, but right now only about half of the show actually takes place there. The rest is just me and the audience interacting, which I like the best.
The circus was tailor-made by Walt Noon and I have two backdrops -- the one in the pics and a more elegant art deco one for indoor and evening shows. The circus was actually a wedding gift from my brother. It was either get a flea circus or take a cruise (our choice) and my wife graciously said, "Let's get a flea circus!" because she knew how much I wanted one and had been researching the art for several years. Now you know why I married her! It also gets me out of the house.
The circus does have some built ins that make some PK effects possible in my hands.
The story of my circus is that it was started by my grandfather, who smuggled the original fleas when he immigrated to the States, acting as host in the truest sense of the word, allowing the fleas to feast upon him during the entire voyage to America, which he always called 'Home of the Brave and Land of the Flea!'
Thanks again, guys, and if you want to know more, just ask!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Outstanding, Jim! Bravo!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Flea Circus Pics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL