The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect from Paper Crane Sweetly Done (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 14:23, shane.black wrote:
Haha thanks Todd if you like this you'll love my next two projects coming out soon so keep an eye out for those I'll give you a hint. (Thanksgiving Day)

Signed coin in Turkey!
Kevin Reylek
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Haha that just made my day. Thank you!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Is it a signed turkey?
P3
practice practice perform.
Mylamber
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Mylamber
Haha, the signed uncooked turkey to dinner table.

Effect. You take a signed uncooked turkey, put it in the oven, and say the magic words. Open the oven and the turkey has vanished! You point to the dinner table and reveal a serving platter with a cover. You uncover the platter to reveal the SIGNED COOKED TURKEY!!!

Now that would be magic! You would make Meeelions!
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
I'll start working on that promptly Mylander. If there are any other questions feel free to PM guys or ask right here and I'll see what I can do I look forward to the feedback. Thanks
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I love this effect, it's got great visuals and is really well choreographed and thought out, just like Shane's other work coming out through Papercrane.

I've known Shane for a few years now and he never ceases to amaze me with the level of creativity he has and how he moulds things to be ultra-simple in methodology and extremely high impact in performance.

For $10, it's a GREAT routine at a low price, the download is nearly 25 mins long, which is as much as a lot of single effect DVDs out there retailing for 2 or 3 times the price.

Great work Shane, I can't wait for the NEW release too as I know that it's going to blow people's minds.

Best,

DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Thanks Dee I just got word that Sweetly Done is being pressed as a DVD now so its on its way to the duplicators so if you would prefer the DVD instead to collect my run of work we should have those soon guys. Thanks always
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On 2009-11-22 20:27, ted french wrote:
Is it a signed turkey?

Signed is goo, but the real question is can the turkey be borrowed, or do you have to switch it for a prepared one???

Great work Shane!

Justin
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Nicely done. Congratulations.
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Why thank you gentlemen I just got word pre-orders for my other Papercrane production "The Pandora System" will be made available late tonight on the papercrane website as usual. This utility system was a big hit at the Daytona magic convention on its pre-release and each one is personally hand crafted by me personally so check the official trailor out tonight under my artist page. Thanks guys!
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 20:18, shane.black wrote:
Why thank you gentlemen I just got word pre-orders for my other Papercrane production "The Pandora System" will be made available late tonight on the papercrane website as usual. This utility system was a big hit at the Daytona magic convention on its pre-release and each one is personally hand crafted by me personally so check the official trailor out tonight under my artist page. Thanks guys!

The pre-orders are now available guys. Thanks!
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
My copy is downloading now.
Looking forward to trying it.

Paul mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Quote:
On 2009-12-06 15:38, caigy wrote:
My copy is downloading now.
Looking forward to trying it.

Paul mc.

Thanks Paul,

Remember if you have any questions feel free to contact me at ShaneBlack@Papercranemagic.com. Cheers!
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
~Joe
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We just got this in, so...you can get it from magic dealers all over the world!
sweet!
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Quote:
On 2009-12-18 18:22, davidpeters wrote:
We just got this in, so...you can get it from magic dealers all over the world!
sweet!

Crazy David I woke up this morning to see this and it made my week, Papercrane has done a terific job with the art design and editing.

Thanks guys for the support!

Shane
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Sweet Effect!
I like it and the price is fear.
Jv
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Jv
Just thought I throw my thoughts out on this:

Sweetly Done by Shane Black- “A few sugar packets are borrowed from the spectator’s table and to be completely fair, the performer has the spectator select any of the sugar packets that were previously dump on the table. Once that has been completed and the packet is shown to be empty (besides the sugar inside), the performer asks the spectator to take out a coin and sign it. The signed coin is placed on the sugar packet and slowly seen to dissolve straight through the packet where it has now penetrated inside the packet. Once the coin has been felt inside the packet and the packet itself has been shown from all angles, the packet is slowly ripped open and the signed coin dumped out.

Production- No comment, but as always, Papercrane’s overall quality of the video was top notch. A+

Teaching- Shane’s teaching was very detailed. He also gives you a few tips here and there for this effect and covers everything, leaving no stone unturned. Everything from the 'gimmick' construction to the presentation to the cleanup.

Construction- You’ll have everything you need to be able to perform this little miracle. Construction should only take a few minutes and it’s pretty simple ‘arts and crafts’ (meaning creating the ‘gimmicks’ will be super easy).

Cleanup- Once the sugar packet has been opened, you're left completely clean, but if a spectator asks to see the packet and examine it more throughly, Shane has a few tips on how to cleanup the packet. Either way, you're left super clean and the spectators won't find a single thing.

Final Thoughts- ‘Sweetly Done’ is a very simple, visual effect that packs very small, but plays very big. I really don’t have much about this effect, as I believe the video speaks for itself. Very small price for a small wonderful effect.

Jv
Guillotine+ASYLUM
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Thanks guys Sweetly Done has served me well over the past three years. I was asked to do an interview for a local college station a couple of years ago for their local cable station and I'm currently trying to find the footage, I'm actually performing Sweetly Done on that show so just a heads up I'll see if I can find it so you guys can see it in action.

Peace,

Shane
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I have been playing with “Sweetly Done” during this holidays at two well known coffee shops.

I have used a signed coin and a signed bank note with successful result.

The construction of the gimmick is easy but depends on the sugar packet.

High Recommended!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New effect from Paper Crane Sweetly Done (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL