We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stealth Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Charlton
View Profile
Veteran user
Palma Nova Mallorca Spain
311 Posts

Profile of Andy Charlton
I love this!

Mind Reading is Big over here due to the Deren Brown Show on TV. I've been looking for a way to do some "Mentalist" type stuff in my walkabout act. After much searching I have bought and started using Peter Nardi's Stealth Wallet. As I understand it, The Stealth Wallet grew out of the development of the Mindspy Wallet. Stealth is smaller, and less versatile, but perfect for my needs. I use it to do the old Picture Duplicating effect. ie. The subject draws a picture on the back of my business card, the card is put safely out of sight, and I get them to visualise the picture in front of them, I draw it. Ta DAhh!

Though of course, many different effects can be done with this prop.

Main points in it's favour.

1/ Totally versatile, It can be used with numbers, pictures names etc, not just numbers, and can be drawn anywhere on the card.

2/ It puts my business card in their hand!

3/ No real angle problems, I have no qualms about doing it in a standard, walkabout situation.

4/ Simple method, and as far as I can see so far, foolproof with nothing to wear out.

5/ I can carry odd effects and cash in the wallet, ie Colour Monte etc.

6/ The Wallet is small, fits in my trouser pocket. I love my Mullica Wallet and use it at every gig, but this I can carry everwhere on nights at the Pub etc. (Looks like my normal wallet, instead of a "Magic Wallet")

7/ Works in all lighting conditions

Did I mention I LOVE this.

Andy

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/
"Keep that smile on your face, that excitement in your eyes." - Don Driver

Check out www.andyandjeansbigadventure.com
or
www.andysmagic.com
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
Great Review!

I also have the Stealth Wallet, and while at first I really didn't like it, it has grown on me... especially with the reactions it gets!

At the moment I am performing the effect where a spectator writes down the name of a movie they have seen recently (on the back of my business card), and the card is safely locked away out of sight. I then get the spectator to write down the name of the lead actor/actress in the movie. The spectator holds onto this card.

So long as you know your movies, you can divine the lead actor/actress from the film name (which you know), so while the revelation of the movie name is great; the reactions when I divine the name of the lead actor/actress is huge!

Do not under-estimate how powerful this effect is, and how versitile the wallet is. And although a little pricey, I think if you want a walkaround, carry anywhere miracle, this is hard to beat.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

Glad to hear you like the Stealth Wallet. I have been using the prototype to this wallet for almost 2 years and I can not count the amount of re-booking this little wallet has got me!

The Hollywood Or Bust routine was by a good friend of mine Colin Miller and was invented for the Mind Spy wallet but it also works very well with stealth. The Original routine was as follows: your spectator writes the name of a movie star (which is peeked and then you guess the movie your spectator is thinking of). This is the routine I perform to date and the reactions are incredible but don't take my word for it, try it!.

I hope you have fun with it!

Peter
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Can someone compare/contrast the Stealth Wallet with SUC? If I have SUC, what do I gain with Stealth?

Thank you.

Gianni
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Compare in what way?

Hi All,

I have just filmed a demo of my Stealth wallet and will post the address here.

Regards

Peter
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
417 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Gianni

have just posted a comparison of the wallets on magicbunny and talkmagic if you are interested if you need any further info pm me Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-07-24 12:20, Paradise wrote:
Gianni

have just posted a comparison of the wallets on magicbunny and talkmagic if you are interested if you need any further info pm me Smile

Paradise,

I too am interested in a comparison between the Stelth and MindSpy wallets.

I have tried to get to the Magicbunny URL (magicbunny.com?) and all I found was a page to pay for and download games. I tried to get to the talkmagic URL (talkmagic.com?) and all I got was to be redirected to a guy in the Orient that has a cartoon amine web page (which, he announces he has just closed down).

Does magicbunny and talkmagic have different URLs than I have been trying?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
it's magicbunny.co.uk

Smile
F. Zandura
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
417 Posts

Profile of Paradise
yes it magicbunny.co.uk
and talkmagic.co.uk

both are under the reviews section Smile
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Stealth is great for everyday use as it fits in your back pocket. The Mind Spy is a larger inside jacket pocket type wallet.

Peter
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Just a question, can the peek be done surrounded?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I have never had a problem with the peek. If I am surrounded I just ask a question at the dirty moment.

Peter
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Thanks for the reply, Peter. One more thing, can the wallet be casually handled by an audience member?
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Mr. Nardi do you have a vidoe clip of the trick yet, it sound interesting
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of 1908
I think there is a video clip in elmwoodmagic.com
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
174 Posts

Profile of chriscox
I fully echo all the comments of praise.

A fantastic wallet, which looks classy and not once has it ever been suspected by anyone I've used it with that I was taking a look! As long as you can sell the reason why they are writing it down and placing it in the wallet you won't have a problem!
IceKnight
View Profile
New user
UK
75 Posts

Profile of IceKnight
i too purchased this after a friend performed it on me! Yes do a great delivery of divining the drawing or movie. I use a Derren style approach and i also used a technique when someone asked me to show them it again but to a friend i held there pulse then went fishing - blew them both away with the right presentation this wallet makes you seem amazing.

If your not hot on your movies a way round this is to say "okay that charactor is for you to focus on performing in that role in the movie ok, the movies what im after here"; this helps you get round any arkward moments Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stealth Wallet (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL