The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A good line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
Sirens, Anybody have a good line to get the attention back when a siren is heard and everybody looks off to see what is happening? Or when a cell phone rings in your edge?
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Let's go see lol
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
The tornado will now shuffle the 52 cards up in mid-air, and then impale a single card on my chest with this paper clip. Oh.....wait....it's just a drill. Shoot, there goes the finale!

Just off the top of my head and slightly graphic, but hey.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Hey, look back here!
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Siren? Hmmm.... try shouting "Watch out for the flying purple elephants!" followed by you jumping for cover. *shrug*

As for cell phones, if they have some kind of catchy dance tune, feel free to dance to it to grab a laugh....OR...quickly run and grab the phone before they can answer and if there is a name on the caller id, pickup and say "I knew you would call, <insert caller's name>. I am the great magician <insert name here> and I knew you would call as of yesterday. Today I am fulfilling the prophecy I made to the audience I am performing for now. Do not fear, we shall speak again later." and hang up before they can say anything. Improvise on my idea if you like. I guarantee it should get a laugh.

Hope I helped

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
I like the cell phone premonition, but I'd bet most people wouldn't like you running over and grabbing their cell phone out of their hands, then hanging up on their friend. I like the concept, just not the grabbing without asking and whatnot.
I do, however like the dancing bit...good thinking.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Just like you BigT, it was a rough idea. I'll give it some more thought, but no guarantees.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
BigT
I like the tornado idea. Draw their attention with something absurd. I just got an idea....... Tell them, "Folks that is the ambulance coming to get a guy from my last crowd, he didn't tip and it made the rest of the crowd angry, I just hope they didn't hurt him to bad."
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Hey Jesse,

I like your new idea! Very few things will make me laugh when I read them but that did! Smile I once read a thread of peoples worst performing experiencs and a guy who did a nudist beach show at a hotel made me howl!! I wish I could find that thread again, but I can't! Smile
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
Scream, "OH MY GOD!!!.. *everyone looks back* I found your card"
-=:Va(v)p:=-
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
try playing 52 card pick up
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
I am biting my tongue (not normally a part of my act)
…………..Jesse
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
Actually I think your best line was written here in these postings and not seen. So here's my thought... and I will be really surprised if you don't get a genuine laugh out of it... when the Siren goes off... look at the crowd and say, "Now that's a loud cell phone", or if you use any jokes at the beginning of your act, about turning off all cell phones and beepers, you can use it as a call back when the siren goes off... "I THOUGHT I SAID TURN OFF ALL CELLPHONES!"
markkwan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of markkwan
"quick everyone, gather around me and pretend to be enjoying yourself!"
What good is a night, when you can't break it.
keven
View Profile
Regular user
Apple Valley Ca
106 Posts

Profile of keven
You can say,

Everyone's wallets should be in your pockets, This is a magic show, I don't do con shows anymore, so their not coming for me, I hope.

OR

I Think The EMT's are coming for me, You guys are killing me here. Look Blood. Smile
Penn & Teller "God Bless Them"
Azaziel
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of Azaziel
Hey I guess they wanted to join the fun.. If no chuckles say I swear it wasn't me,or I gave him his watch back...
The greatest tick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A good line (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL