The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1219 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I hate the new Cdn bills. They all have a see-through window now, so I can hide anything...tricks like extreme burn and nightshades don't really work anymore.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2053 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Magic KL,

Perhaps you could develop some patter around the idea that you were recently in the U.S. and have some bills left over from your visit. In that way, it would make sense that you show U.S. bills and could still perform Extreme Burn.

Regards, Steve
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
There are several alternatives, but nothing beats being able to use your own country's currency.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1219 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Oops, I meant to say "I can't" in my comment.

Thanks for the great idea, Steve.

Danny, I guess you hate the new bills, too. It would be nice for them to consult with us magicians first before they bring out the new design!! Wishful thinking~
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
2.0 is a Cool Box deal!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2120
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Does this work with Australian plastic money?
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
Do you guys use the handout method? Or do you just hold on to the bills after the change?
Ultimatecreate
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Quebec
27 Posts

Profile of Ultimatecreate
So hands up if your first attempt to make this was a disaster? Smile

Luckily my first attempt was with magazine cuttings and canadian tire $0.05 bills.

I brought over some copydex (from the uk) which everyone seems to suggest over and above rubber cement. However the copydex seems to 'bunch up' when drying ad seems quick thick (even when applied in a thin layer...which I know doesn't quite make sense, but users of copydex might know what I'm getting at).

any canadians out there who have put this together using local supplies?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Rubber Cement is definitely the way to go. I grew up with Copydex, hate the stuff! I had to pick apart my first attempt, but nailed it with the second go.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4118 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I used an ordinary glue stick and it worked fine,i just could not get the knack of doing the trick,lol,in my draw now dismantled,when done right it does look an awesome visual.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Such a shame though, Fire Starter. There's something about changing scraps of paper into £100 in twenty quid notes that really gets people, y'know?

It's still a tidy amount of cash, so I think the effect appeals to us on a venal level.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4118 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:
Such a shame though, Fire Starter. There's something about changing scraps of paper into £100 in twenty quid notes that really gets people, y'know?

It's still a tidy amount of cash, so I think the effect appeals to us on a venal level.

Yes you are right there mate,plus all them twenty quid notes in my hand I just end up spending them as well,lol, I do something similar with dollar bills,can not remember what the effect is called now.
Nick Lande
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Nick Lande
Best brand of rubber cement to use?
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of jcroop
Most I suspect use Elmers because of availability which works well.

I have also used the type of cement used for fixing punctures in tires - Xtra-Seal Chemical Vulcanizing Cement. It is a little thinner when it dries and also works well. But it is a little bit more expensive
BaryBazz
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Can someone advise what the preferred choice is now with UK money as the lottery slips are a bit wider and longer than £20 notes

Barry
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2465 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, BaryBazz wrote:
Can someone advise what the preferred choice is now with UK money as the lottery slips are a bit wider and longer than £20 notes

Barry

I use £10 notes and they look and work great with UK lotto tickets
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2243 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I find the narrower the notes the easier it is to cover all the angles.

You can do this with £20 notes but I find I have to be more careful with the displays due to the width.

I actually use Dollar bills which are nice and narrow which means I can cover everything very well.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
BaryBazz
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
I find the narrower the notes the easier it is to cover all the angles.

You can do this with £20 notes but I find I have to be more careful with the displays due to the width.

I actually use Dollar bills which are nice and narrow which means I can cover everything very well.

Ok thanks Mark
Nelix
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Nelix
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, BaryBazz wrote:

Barry

Here is a good source of UK Lottery Tickets, created in both £20 and £10 sizes, Watch the video in the link for more details:

http://www.propdog.co.uk/tyvek-lottery-t......e%20burn

Dave, who runs the site, is a working magician and a really nice guy.
lumagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lumagic
My favorite trick with money! thanks to Richard Sanders
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL