The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Idea from youtube video. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Attan
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Attan
Just watch the video and you'll understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5_Msrdg3Hk

I would love to have that gimmick. But how close can you get to this? The walking through a window isn't exactly what I'm looking for. It's more the first part of the video. Immagine having that paper, hold it up and throw something into it. And it just dissapears. Or put the paper on a box and drop something in to the box.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5230 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I could see someone like Copperfield pulling this off. You could build a set that looks like some kind of "real" situation...home, office, etc. and proceed to put the paper on various objects, all of which would need to be gimmicked to allow for the hole illusion. Of course, the paper would need to be gimmicked as well to allow a real person to penetrate the black spot without damaging it.

I think this is very do-able.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5843 Posts

Profile of motown
Two words: Marco Tempest
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I remember Andy Dallas describing a magicians stage act where he did this type of thing. Apparently throughout the act he put objects into a hole and at the end he pulled the hole of of what was then shown to be a solid piece of wood. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the magician.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Idea from youtube video. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL