The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What would you recommend? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
My question is when I am performing walkaround I perform an array of tricks from mentalism, cards, but almost every time I perform a fork/spoon bending routine that is all I end up doing all night, for me it is so strong and I am having some trouble finding others effects of that level. I know a lot is on presentation but any recommendations on some or your favorite or strongest effects?
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
If you're having such good success with the fork/spoon bending, why change? Perhaps start out with a card or mentalism trick and end with the fork/spoon bend each set.
Irfaan Kahan
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of Irfaan Kahan
Perhaps you could reproduce a drawing. See Larry Becker's Bold Business for a business card version. I find that it's very strong for me in walk around environments.
I'm a Magician playing the part of an Actor
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
It is good to hear that you are doing those routines well. Keep it up.

Just a question.

What if, the same group of people having been watching you perform those routines everyday?
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
That is part of the reason why I ask because I get a lot of my gigs from referrals and I do see some of the same faces here and there and that's why I was asking for some of your ideas
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I hear ya. I have some pet routines myself. What I found works best is involving the people as opposed to just showing them something. I do a card routine where I draw a cartoon character of a dog or cat and ask if anyone has a pet at home.
Sometimes they say we have fish. Got that covered as well... Anyway the routine involves the character jumping from card to card and the spectators are involved the whole time.

They are interested and pay attention because it involves their pet... Or I'll do a coins across routine in the spectator's hand. They are involved and other people enjoy the reactions. If you have a good sponge ball routine where you can involve several people, it never disappoints...... all this is to say, if you get great reactions with the spoon/fork bend..well keep on doing it. Just do some things that involve them on an emotional level...they will never forget you...and that's a good thing.
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What would you recommend? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL