The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Polly wants a cracker... Fish act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Vxj,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Now let's see what you guys can come up with. I want to do an act with fish and fish bowls. I already do some productions in my regular act but would like to do more for a nice stage act. The productions I already do are the goldfish from borowed bill, two fish from a coffe vase and three brandy sniffers with one goldfish in each for the square circle. I would really like to end the act with a full fish tank production and add more productions to the act.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Wow, sounds pretty creative! Great ideas! Hmmm... let me think a little. This is a tough one. Smile
Steven Best
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
14 Posts

Profile of Steven Best
Take a look at the Fish Bowl Production by Rich Marotta. Avalable at most magic dealers. Try MagicSmith... if you have not seen it performed there is a video clip.

http://www.magicsmith.com

best of luck!

-Steven
Steven Best
Vancouver, Canada
www.StevenBest.com
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
Yeah, the appearing goldfish bowl would be a great opening to the effect, I think that you could push the bowl aside and do one of your routines, and then for the grand finale you could say "My assistants were a great help this afternoon and I think it is time for an upgrade in there living space". Take the original bowl, put it somewhere out of space, and do a Fountian of Enchantment type production. It would be very pricy, but it would be a strong effect to end a show. Smile
Steven Best
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
14 Posts

Profile of Steven Best
Just had another idea. Try to get hold of Gary Darwin's Floating Fish Bowl... It is just like a Zombie. I think you could order it from Gary himself... if you are intertested PM me and I will give you his contact info.

-SB
Steven Best
Vancouver, Canada
www.StevenBest.com
mentomas
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of mentomas
There are topics about artistic fish (I do not remember the whole name), but maybe you can get some ideas
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Andrew Mayne in his "Illusion" book details an Illusion of walking thru a fish tank.... it would work... but, the set-up is not easy.. It could be done though.

The gentleman in Brazil who created the
"Gift Surprise" sells an effect where-by you show a silk with an empty fish tank... and then he turns it around a few times and reveals the little silk tank to be occupied by several goldfish where upon he tips the silk down into a water bowl to produce the live goldfish...
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
There's an effect I've always liked where you pull a dove out of an aquarium of fish.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Polly wants a cracker... Fish act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL