The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What you think? Rubbish Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
I mainly love card magic, with no gaffs.. But I recently saw these and they seem interesting.
Thinking of asking the wife to get me them for Xmas, can I get your real honest opinion them.
Are they over gaffed, non examinable? Lousy?

Thanks!

The List-
Vanishing Deck
https://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/sho......711.html

Card to Hip Wallet
https://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/sho......606.html

TnR
https://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/sho......184.html
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
First one: a bit odd with the plastic box and all, yet I guess that if you had a good rationale for carrying the box around, it could work. Say, if you simply transported your cards around in the box ("it keeps them getting wet in the rain when I'm out & about") even without necessarily doing the trick, to condition people into seeing it.

Second: well, it says "basic sleights/self-working" - hmmm... I would think there is a "basic sleight" involved anyway! There are a number of "card to wallets" out there as you probably are aware, not necessarily "signed card to wallet". Well - this looks pretty good for what it is, but I wonder if the wallet will make a good general utility wallet for other effects, or whether it is simply a one-trick pony.

Third: well, it has some reputable names behind it. This type of "torn and restored" is not really my thing (although I did do loads of torn/restored animal cards for the kids at a Halloween party, which was fun), but if you're into "torn and restored", it seems this is probably the class end of such effects.

These look alright, I'll say. Myself, I'm certainly not keen on the "finger-chopper", "mysterious Chinese boxes", "brass thing that turns into a £1" or anything that screams "magic prop", but it depends on your public I guess, and how artfully you can "sell" the item as part of the effect.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
First of all three great tricks also a great company to order from. I my self stay away from gaffs and especially gaffed decks. I do have a trick called guaranteed by Daryl but the gaffs can sit in the box's till you need them so you might want to find other stuff you can just add as you go.

The first trick on your list is fun and has a great impact. I haven't used it a lot and don't know if it is a good workers peace.

The second is a fine trick. I looked for a signed card to a impossible place and settled on something I have worked on from Sanky Paper clipped. You may want to do some research on wallets and get a nice leather on you can use as your every day one.

Third one don't know much about but there is a bit of buzz around it.

Hope this helps let us know how you got on.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What you think? Rubbish Magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL