We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Cyril (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nick vassil
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of nick vassil
Last night on T.V. in Japan, there was a two hour special on a street magician named Cyril. I thought he was great, did an awesome cards through window, anybody see it or know of him?
Mito
View Profile
Veteran user
Japan
319 Posts

Profile of Mito
Yeah, I saw it too. I think he's going to be "the next big thing" ---in Japan, anyway. He's got all he needs to be a hit here. Young, foreign, good-looking, interesting/funny/well-done tricks, fluent in Japanese, mild-mannered...

Did anybody else see this? He did a lot of well-known tricks (among magicians, anyway)-- The Web, Bending Pen, the Balducci Levitation a great Card Thru Window, Andrew Mayne's Bisection, etc etc
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
Is it time to see a whos better "Blaine/ Angel/ or Cyril" post soon? Only time will tell.. lol
-=:Va(v)p:=-
MISTER E
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MISTER E
Yeah, I caught Cyril the Street Performer on TV. He's pretty bad-$$$... as far as Blaine/Angel/or Cyril, it's no contest! He's a far better performer and technician than the other two, and a hell-of-a-lot better looking! I just wish I could understand what the hell he was saying!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1783 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Was this on Japanese T.V. or what?
G-Tokyo
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
5 Posts

Profile of G-Tokyo
Just noticed this post.

Yeah, Cyril had a show on TV Tokyo. He is definitely the hottest new performer in Japan right now. Of course there are other skilled performers in Japan, but none that have Cyril's level of showmanship. He is smooth, cool, and a joy to watch. He is definitely on his way up and in my opinion technically much better than Blaine or Angel.
SeroJisan
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SeroJisan
Just found out that Cyril will be having his 3rd network special in Japan. Here's a link from the ad I found in Tokyo. http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyo/recent/town.asp
I've heard great things about him, cant wait to see the new stuff he's come up with. Please let me know if find any additional info on Cyril. I would like to contact him. Thanks.
Michael Y.

Anybody seen Cyril's 3rd network special?
Mito
View Profile
Veteran user
Japan
319 Posts

Profile of Mito
Yeah, I saw it. Some really good stuff---50-metre bungee jump card stab, and card thru window in a glass-bottomed boat, among others.
It's the hosts of his specials that bug me. I CAN'T STAND MINOMONTA!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
I met Cyril in Bankok two years ago. Not only is he good in close up and street magic, this guy is also a fantastic stage magician.Nice guy. I know Cyril is going to be bigger in the near future. He speaks fluent Japanese too.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Cyril is not only a great magician, but he's also a really nice guy and very creative. His card in the window is a killer and completely fooled me. I slowed down the tape and still couldn't figure out how it got there. And that's his own take on that effect.
You're definitely going to hear more about Cyril.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Cyril (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL