We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Acme Portable Hole Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Hey Daffydoug

Then you'll have to watch a video. I think Hank Lee has one on his site. However, this trick looks better on video than I think it looks in real life. that's why I suggested the magic shop.

Best,

Al
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hey Boat. I watched Hank's video quite some time back. But, still I wanted real experience opinions because I was still left with some hesitation.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I still use this effect. It is a wonderful effect and it plays as well as the performer is able to entertain. I think the premise of the roadrunner and the coyote provides SO much room for entertainment, you could drive a Mack truck through it!

The only issue I have had with this effect is that the card wears out and you can't erase it any more. I found a simple solution to that. I take any card from a matching deck and cover it one large piece of invisible tape. I have 3 inch rolls of invisible tape that you can only buy on the internet (most office supply stores only carry 2 inch rolls). These rolls work great. Cover the card, trim off the excess, and I'm good to go for another 100,000 miles.

This is one of those effects that I rotate in and out all the time.

KJ
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3615 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks KJ, that is one of my creations, glad you are enjoying it. I have a Version 2 I have been road testing for awhile and hope to release one day. I agree it is a commercial effect Smile To make a new card you can also use the clear book covering material available in most stationary stores, it is the clear film used to protect dust jackets.

John
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks, John. I really enjoy it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Acme Portable Hole Trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL