We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Anyone here use Zero Gravity... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
geelmo
View Profile
New user
Singapore
4 Posts

Profile of geelmo
Hi I would like to know how many people use this in this Café
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
I don't use it because the angels aren't all that swell. Seems to be only good for 1-2 spectators, I've gotten away with 3. So I don't use it often. But when I do it for a couple people, watch the jaws drop.
-=:Va(v)p:=-
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
never used it - does not fit my dressing style. Probably I wouldn't use it anyway!
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Can't you be surrounded in ZG? I know you have to tear a pair of shoes up and they are well known so they will be expensive. Then I hear the gimmick is a pain to build and it's expensive. You don't get very high also, maybe 2-4 inches
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
Completely agreeing that, it's a bit expensive for a kind of illusion which can be made easier and better (for certain reasons). Of course in certain conditions for some person it could be a great trick, but for me I prefer to stick with Balbucci levitation.
mastermagician91
View Profile
New user
USA-CT
39 Posts

Profile of mastermagician91
I don't have the shoes for it.. lol. I believe that Balducci and King's Rising are better too.
"Magic is not always magic...but the impossible is always possible" - Ricky Booska
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Quote:
On 2003-06-17 11:42, djvirtualreality wrote:
Can't you be surrounded in ZG? I know you have to tear a pair of shoes up and they are well known so they will be expensive. Then I hear the gimmick is a pain to build and it's expensive. You don't get very high also, maybe 2-4 inches

djvirtualreality,

- you can't be surrounded
- the shoes are not expensive
- the gimmick is indeed a pain to build
- the gimmick is not expensive
- the height is the same as the Balducci
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
They advertised you can be surrounded.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
mnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of mnmagic
I have seen it done surrounded and in fact it probably looks better when you are, for two reasons... The first is that, everone knows you are surrounded and making all that better of a levitation... Second it helps to hide the works from people in the distance.

Shawn
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
It can be done surrounded. The spectators must make a tight circle around you however.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
Ok, I took the time and made the gimmick and practiced my *** off and I'll be the first to say, hey it works surrounded and it works good, there are better but it does what it says
jeffry2000
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jeffry2000
I just use the Balcuddi and the King Rising Levitations...
If the going gets tough, so do I...
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
I used to use it a while ago. As said above, it can be done surrounded if you position the spectators correctly. It fits me well because I already wear converse a lot.(And it does not have to be converse, you can make it with most shoes) But it really just doesn't compete with the Elevator in my opinion. Still a good levitation if you wanna spend the time making the gimmick.

James
TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
Quote:
On 2004-05-16 20:22, jeffry2000 wrote:
I just use the Balcuddi and the King Rising Levitations...

Same here, but a way to get specs in a tight circle would be to say "Come close and focus your mental energy on me." and other stuff like that.
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
#1magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of #1magician
I personaly, have never bought a levitation, but I was thinking about maby getting the king rising.
i dont call 911, i simpily perform the bullet catch and than point the bullet at them and ask if they care to try.
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
King rising is better, and the zero gravity in my opinion is not that great. You have more restrictions and less impromptu ability to perform it. The king is the best bare levitation. I thin the elevator is probably the best.
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
Zero Gravity is far to impractical... and the shoes would be a pain to wear constantly...

Moreover, many times after I do the balducci, I am asked to show the bottoms of my feet... if you use Zero Gravity you are busted...
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
MagicRabbit77
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit77
I agree with gypsy
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
You guys still get away with the Balducci? Everybody knows how that works. They may not tell you but they know. Just go around asking random people how David Blaine levitated. Ask them to show you. 5 out of 10 people can explain it and some people will turn around and do it.

Am I the only one that believes this?
Thinker
View Profile
New user
Brazil
32 Posts

Profile of Thinker
I gree, Here in Brasil is the same, I can't get awy with the balducci, king rising is better, but I've never did it, I guess you can do on stage, but to your friens I don't think it will work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Anyone here use Zero Gravity... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL