The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolutionary coin magic of Jay Sankey - WOW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I just finished watching this, I am fairly new to coin magic. WOW Smile Smile Smile . He is brilliant. His flying shuttle pass is so good. I am going to practice every thing on his video. He is crazy!
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Yes, he is nuts. That video is very cool. Actually, thanks for reminding me, I'm going to watch it again to try to pick up something new. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
I like his POPout & Hobbit move, his HPC - CPH move and his crazy card triangle!.

Wacky doesn't describe Jay well enough!
carlb
View Profile
New user
Seattle
77 Posts

Profile of carlb
Yes, this is a very nice tape. I got it a couple of weeks ago myself. I had his first two tapes years ago and have been using a version of the flying shuttle (also developed by David Harkey and others I am sure) consistently since.

I recommend combining the card box pop-out with slick splits as he had it originally routined on the original tape (One coin in the box - slick split to four, all four back in the box and pop them out one at a time - very nice sequence)

On a seperate thread there is mention that he will be releasing this tape on DVD with some additions - looking forward to that!

His tenkai pinch work is very nice as well (Mr. Clean Coins Across is a favorite on this forum.)

Sankey is definitely one of my favorites - his thinking is always fresh and his magic always very visual. Sometime I find his execution a bit sloppy, and he could routine more thouroughly to mask moves and palms and such (a la Roth) but he is an amazing and zany creator.
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
This tape is SO COOL..

I just LOVE his presentation style..he is CRAZY FUNNY in my opinion!

VERY good material on here also. And yes Mr. Clean coins across ROCKS! Smile
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
I bought this tape several weeks ago along with Real Magic by Sankey and the Very Best of Sankey Vols 1-3.
The coin stuff on Revolutionary Coin Magic is superb. His over the top wacky presentation is at times hilarious on this video. Oh, it's filled with excellent routines too.
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Are there any gaffs needed for the Mr. Clean Coins across?
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
No Gaffs are needed....
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
That's why its so clean, its MR. Clean.
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
Hmm, I know lots of things on this video.
Unfortunatly I don't have the video. I've been trying to get it, but it seems I can only find it in NTSC and here in Belgium most TVs and VCRs play PAL only
boeheoeoeoe Smile Smile Smile
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
& Special Guest
406 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Jay Sankey is really a great performer and great thinker. This video is really low priced considering the amount of good stuff and knowledge it contains.
Simplest of the schoolboys now knows truths for which Archimedes would have given his life...
Greenshock
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Greenshock
Hey Guys,
I must agree with the consensus on this tape but I have a question. I have watched this video many many times and I haven't seen Jay mention or teach the Spiderman Vanish. It is listed on the back of the box as a sleight that he teaches, am I missing something?

Thanks for any replies.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The TV Coin Bend is so simple but looks like real magic. Do it with a silver dollar size coin and you'll see astonishment in their eyes as you drop that bent coin in their hand. It's one of the best gems on the video.
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
305 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I'm interested in this DVD simply because of the great reviews I've seen about it. But I have to ask about the jokes Jay strikes up in this DVD. I've heard he pokes fun at Christianity quite a bit in this DVD. Is this true?
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
457 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Jay is comedian in his other life. He calls one of his vanishes, "The Messiah vanish". If this offends you, don't watch the tape. Jay's coin work, with help from David Stone, helped me to create a coins across that has magicians looking for multiple shells. I finally have a coin routine that gets great reactions.
aagrawal_2000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of aagrawal_2000
Even if Sankey didn't perform any good tricks, I would still watch him just because of his wacky personality.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Isn't Mr. Clean coins across just like Greg Wilson's coins across on his On the Spot videos?
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Quote:
On 2003-07-22 11:23, zombieboy wrote:
Isn't Mr. Clean coins across just like Greg Wilson's coins across on his On the Spot videos?

Yes it is, it's exactly like Gregory Wilson's version of coins accross in On the Spot series.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
No, it's not. It's similar but different and a lot cleaner looking, with an alternative handling and similar sleights.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Does Sankey perform the effects for an audience then explain them or is it one of his "one man and a camera" videos?

I'm more of a card man but would like to learn some coin stuff. Would this be suitable for me or should I go for something more basic? (I have Bobo's.)

I think Sankey is great!

Thanks
Adam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolutionary coin magic of Jay Sankey - WOW (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL