The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolutionary coin magic of Jay Sankey - WOW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Quote:
On 2003-11-09 22:25, Maestro wrote:
Is there a lot of overlap between The Very Best of Jay Sankey DVD's and this one? I recognize Mr. Clean Coins across, flying shuttle, and Messiah vanish. Would the other stuff be worth the money?

I can't tell you anything about overlap because I don't own any other Sankey videos. But, there is a lot of good stuff on this one. It will keep me busy for a while.
mithrius
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
127 Posts

Profile of mithrius
Just received the DVD in the mail yesterday...

Fantastic stuff! I've been doing coin work for quite some time, but I was genuinely surprised at the moves and subtleties that I didn't know on this DVD.

I recommend this highly. It's just about literally a home movie with Jay Sankey. He teaches a variety of sleights and demonstrates some GREAT uses for each. He credits sources during each explanation...and while I found his sense of humor a little much, I did laugh out loud at least 3 times during the first viewing.
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
I too have Penguin's Sankey-Signed DVD, and did some viewing last night. It's well worth the money.

Yes, he can be over the top, and sometimes assumes a character voice completely through a move demo.

And some of the jokes are terrible! I love it!

I can certainly see how some could find his stuff annoying, although I don't.

His moves are clean and effective, and he also happens to be a darned good teacher! His "45" DVD, on which not a word is spoken, proves that he simply gets it. All the explaining is done with his hands and body, and still manages to convey the skills exteremely effectively.

I very much appreciate his fresh approach to magic, and have become a fan.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Just received it today. Watched for the first 15 minutes. Wow!!!!

If you like to play with coins do yourself a favour...get it. If you decide not to get it then I will be more than happy because I can keep all these coin tricks to myself. Smile
never try, never know
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
I came home last night from a REALLY rough work day, and just watched his intro.

You've just GOT to laugh! Smile
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Mine is finally on its way! Will post a quick review when I recieve it!
NeptuneTQ
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of NeptuneTQ
I'm not really a fan of Jay Sankey, and actually I don't like a lot of his tricks, but there's something for everyone in this DVD, and you're bound to find a good amount you'd like Smile One of my best purchases
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I finally received my copy of Revolutionary Coin Magic dvd a few days ago and I must say it's very, very good!!!
I don't really do a lot of coin magic but I can tell you this, I'll be using a lot of the coin material in this dvd.
Note: You can see Jay Sankey matured a little bit since he first filmed this dvd. He was a little "off the wall" in his original performance, which kinda got on my nerves a little bit, but when I got to the bonus material section, his style and humour changed and he didn't make any bad religious jokes. I admire Jay for that and I truely think he is and forever will be a Genius!!
Overall mark for the DVD= B+. Smile Smile
nick vassil
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of nick vassil
Where can I buy the video not DVD? I actually ordered this through Denny's, but put wrong crefit card info on the order. Now it dosen`t seem to be available there anymore?
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Hank Lee's Magic Factory has it.
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
I have allways been more into cards, this DVD has got me into coins. I love the effects where coins are combined with cards. The pop up triangle and coin with splitpin effects are great.

Jonathan
cajuninms
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of cajuninms
Yes...very funny, with the funny voices and I am suprised that he taught it so well
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolutionary coin magic of Jay Sankey - WOW (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL