The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » My girlfriend is jealous from magic!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
It's all about balance! If you can honestly say that you are giving a fair amount of time to the relationship as well your magic then your side of the street is clean! If she's still not happy, then I'll bet if it's not magic it'll be something else she becomes "jealous" of!

Treat her to some of the OTHER benefits of being nimbly dexterous! Smile

MMc
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
As I have said before… watch for the warning sighs.

Mickey… no wonder you are known as a ladies’ man.

Bruce
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Quote:
On 2009-11-30 05:20, coolini wrote:
It seems to me and my girlfriend made it clear, that she is jealous from magic!!
I just want to know if anyone else of you guys feels the same...

I am just guessing you are probably still very young. If that is the case it is exspected. I have been with a wonderful girl for almost 15 years now. We were 15 when we met and I spent a lot and I mean a lot of time with magic. practicing , club meetings , conventions , going to shows , performing, etc etc. At that age she really wanted more attention and time that a girl her age needed. But it never caused too many problems , I found ways to involve her with my magic. But with all that being said ,15 years later she can't wait for me to leave and go to a convention or something just to get rid of me..lol. I don't know , point is don't worry about it too much , just make sure you treat her the way you should and don't give up on yourself (magic) either if it makes you happy. And if things are suppossed to be they will sort of just work themselves out...
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
yyrkoon
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of yyrkoon
I'm blessed that my girlfriend is pretty understanding. When I'm practicing something in particular it tends to get on her nerves after a while, but she always says "i'm waiting for the end of the cycle" because she knows I'll eventually move on to something else. It's hard to give you advice as we don't know how much time you spend on magic, I guess the problem is more about the time you spend with her than magic in particular, it could anything else that keeps you away from her.
Good luck with that
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Your girlfriend or wife is your first audience. Thus use one of magic performances' golden rule: keep them wanting more (and this, IMHO, doesn't apply only to magic)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Quote:
On 2010-01-09 10:30, Lawrence O wrote:
Your girlfriend or wife is your first audience. Thus use one of magic performances' golden rule: keep them wanting more (and this, IMHO, doesn't apply only to magic)

Best advice I heard all day thanks for that mr. O
gphrenol
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of gphrenol
A good fried is necessary to help perspective in life.
Phil Tawa
View Profile
Regular user
Mass.
103 Posts

Profile of Phil Tawa
When I was a Musician they were.
When I got into magic I got the same ultimatum.....I took her up on it!!
As an entertainer you do need a girl that understands your lifestyle and
trusts you enough not to get jealous.
They get jealous because they feel threatened by it. It becomes,"The other woman". Ha!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » My girlfriend is jealous from magic!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL