The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Moonlight Magic 2 piece Mun Ebony and Brass Wand (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I am not sure how many of you guys have heard of Michael Myatt from Moonlight Magic? Michael was a new name to me when I stumbled across a thread on his wands here on the Café.

I had been looking for a decent 2 piece wand for a long time since wasting money on 2 that were far from usable. Initially I have to admit that I wobbled before ordering because of the price. Not because it was too expensive but because it was similarly priced to the 2 I already had that were of no use and I (wrongly) assumed I would have to spend at least twice that on a decent wand.

I am so glad I did order because Michael over delivered big time! I ordered a Mun Ebony and brass wand plus an extra magnetic tip (the ends of the wands can be removed and changed etc.)

I'm not going to beat around the bush, if you are thinking of ordering a 2 piece wand then go to Michael's website and get one. You wont regret it. No, I am not getting anything for saying that, I just don't want people to be put off by the low price as I nearly was.

I'm so happy I have ordered another wand and 4 custom coin boxes to match this wand!

There's a few pics etc here: http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com/Moonlig......and.html

Bri
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
208 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
I ran across Michael probably 8 years ago in Gatlinburg (Winter Carnaval) where he was selling a few wands from his room.

After seeing the quality, beauty, and pricing, I went out and grabbed as many other magicians as I could and introduced them to his wants and coin boxes.

I am more than please at the 3 wands that I have. My wife asked Michael to custom make a display stand to show off one of the wands. He was extremely accommodating and did a great job on the stand.

If you appreciate beautiful wood, exacting craftsmanship, engineering creativity, and a fine working wand or coin box, then get one (or more) of these wands.

Lynn Fox
mgcpwrs
View Profile
New user
San Jose, CA
53 Posts

Profile of mgcpwrs
These are beautiful wands. Very nice work.
I just emailed them to see if they could make me a wand
that would be custom to my specifications, a version
of what they already do. I think they will have no problem
pulling it off - they seem like real pros.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I have 2 of his wands.
Get the wand tip tricked out.
I'm not going into the "Why"s of owning one, I'm just lucky to own 2 and considering a third one.
I almost want to keep it exclusive.
mgcpwrs
View Profile
New user
San Jose, CA
53 Posts

Profile of mgcpwrs
I am still working with them on my wand.
So far they have been excellent, top notch professionals,
and very responsive. I am taking rklew64's advice and getting
it tricked out (tip).
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
It is too cool and the detail is that the end of it is concave - not flat nor rounded like practically 99% of all other wands. This helps for any rounded objects!!!! that might live in saaaaay a cup. and other tricks!!!
When you get it, you will just have to say "Holy Doodie. These wands are MINE!! MINE."
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I have a Mayan Bloodwood wand from Michael and I use it in every performance. It is one of the most beautiful props I use in my show. I am planning on buying more wands from Michael.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I purchased a Bloodwood wand and matching coin boxes from Michael. Nicest magic accessories I own! Really beautiful. And Michael is great to work with. He stays in touch during the manufacture of the wand/coin boxes, sends photos of progress, and all ships in its own velvet bags/slip cases. And for shipping he packs it at least as well as your Mom packed her best China.

Beautiful pieces, reasonable pricing. I will definitely be purchasing from Michael again.

http://moonlightmagicprods.com/mmsitehome.html

Thanks!

Jim
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1142 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
Michael and Donnie are GREAT people to work with! I just got my Purple Heart wand, and could not be happier! This wand is machined from solid brass and BEAUTIFUL hardwood. It breaks down completely and can be converted to an elegant 9" pocketsized wand. Love it!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
True to my word, I have bought not only one other wand from Michael but seven this year;

Gabon Ebony with Brass Tips
Gabon Ebony with White Holly Tips
Macassar Ebony with Brass Tips
Cocobolo Wood with Gabon Ebony Tips
Purpleheart with Gabon Ebony Tips
Black and White Ebony with Gabon Ebony Tips (Very exotic and beautiful wood)
Olive Wood with Copper Tips (Quite Beautiful)

And all with the wife's blessings.
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Darkwing,
The wands sounds quite nice! Any chance you could post some pics?

I'm curious about the Olive wood, and the back&white ebony...

Larry S.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
THey look beautiful! I did not see any prices noted on his website. Do you know how they range in cost?

Thanks,
Dan.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
RNT II carries his stuff:

http://www.rnt2.com/index.php?dispatch=c......y_id=167

His wands are the best I've used in my 30 years of magic. Mine is macassar ebony and totally in love with it!
Sent from my Typewriter
mercedesrules
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of mercedesrules
.....This guy seems to have, ...er...disappeared.
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
Still here...barely! Hoping to have RNT II restocked A.S.A.P. Have been trying to finish convention orders, and, working with Magic Ian on engineering his wanderful idea, "The Steel Ball& Tube Wand", among other non-magical matters. Magic Ian passed away on July 4th, and, we are working with his family to continue this, his last project with us. They can be seen here: http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/moonli......%20Wands

Further announcements will be made as these become available. Thank you all!

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Moonlight Magic 2 piece Mun Ebony and Brass Wand (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL