The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Really linked or Dan harlan videos??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sky
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of sky
Pls,advice which is better to puchased;

Many thanks
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
That is a personal choice
Really linked is a trick where a rubberbands become linked and was created by Benard Sim who is a Café member . Dan Harlan has several videos on rubberband magic most of the effects in the videos are very good and can be done inpromptu . really has to be made but is a excellent trick
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
geelmo
View Profile
New user
Singapore
4 Posts

Profile of geelmo
Some other said that this creation if created by another magician...But not sure of the name..

hmmm....

Smile
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
All of the above! I'm a band magician myself and I will be adding Really Linked! in the near future to my collection of band tricks. They are all spectacular and I have yet to get a bad reaction from *ANY* rubber band trick.

- Alex

PS. I usually offer my spectator to buy my "special rubber bands" for a nominal fee, its worth the laugh.
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
If linked bands is your thing, I'll put in my admittedly biased recommendation for my own "Linked 4 Life", which will finally start shipping by the end of the week. You can check it out and get in on the last few days of the pre-order discount at http://www.asquaredproductions.com/shop/......life.asp

It's the cleanest, most visual permanent linking band ever..NO extra bands, nothing to ditch, nothing to hide, and the link happens visibly in slow motion. You can't get any better than that!
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Just a little bit off topic.... What's the difference between the seperate manuscript of really linked and the routine found in the "bonus" section of Scott Guinn's book??? Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Andy, heard alot of good things aout your linked for life I stll haven't seen the demo as of yet.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Vinny and Alex, thanks for the kind words. Andrew, the effect on the manuscript and Magishing My Way (which is a great book by Scott Guinn) is the same. There are photos on both except that the manuscript has color photos.
Bernard Sim
eltsac
View Profile
New user
Singapore
5 Posts

Profile of eltsac
Hi Bernard,

Does your method use superglue..
bobbymagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of bobbymagic
Yes,eltsac just like andy leviss said nothing more than glue.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Vinny,
The manuscript is starting to ship on Monday; I'm sure folks who've bought it will be happy to review it when they get it.

As for a video, it's still up in the air. I'm working on one, but I'm not very inclined to post it, because too many times I've seen people here watch a video over and over and find the smallest hesitation or other "glitch", convince themselves they've figured it out, and falsely trash the effect without really knowing how it works or how it plays for an audience. So while I may post a video, don't expect it. I'll probably let the reviews speak for themselves.

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
laidback
View Profile
New user
NJ
51 Posts

Profile of laidback
The Harlan videos are good, expecially the first one. LOL -- by the third video, the two women watching the effects seem a bit bored. The material is good, but maybe 3 hours of rubberband magic is over the line. The vanish of the second rubberband while in the crazy man's handcuff setup is really nice -- and good for rounding out a routine that's mostly about penetrations.

BTW, there's nothing on those videos like the effect Andy describes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Really linked or Dan harlan videos??? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL