The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Magician Teams - Wife/Husband, significant other (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
How many husband/wife magic families do we have here on The Magic Café. My wife Lucy has her own act.

Others?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bean
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Bean
Nope, not yet. Mike and I both play bagpipes and do that together, but he's been happy to be the audience so far. I had to giggle a little; he looked a bit askance when I picked up my magic gear again. He's also been having some minor finger stiffness of late and I showed him a bunch of Greg Irwin's exercises I have on a magic DVD. His fingers are feeling looser and he's looking upon the magic arts with a kinder eye. Smile Maybe someday....
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Tom Allen and Mary Mowder.

Tom was and is my mentor. We worked together much more in the past. I've been a Pro. for almost 30 years so now I have my own interests in Magic and so does he.

Tom has lectured and performed at the Magic Castle and he started in Magic at 4 yrs. old. I started at 25 or so, so even though I've been in it a while I'll always be the Jr. partner (which is more comforting as I get older).

I although I consider Close-Up Magic my forte I perform a lot more Stand-Up Parlor Magic including Birthday Party Magic, which I enjoy and he won't touch. My favorite time working together is when we Table Hop at a large banquet. I still like to do Stand-Up with him but it doesn't come up much.

Tom's heart is in the Close-Up.

-Mary Mowder
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I know there are many more than this. It is hardly a rare partnership.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dear Bob Sanders,

I'm surprised by the lack of response too.

Perhaps posting here has missed half of the potential responders.

I know men do come here but I'm not sure how many and many of those are single.

Thanks for trying Bob.

-Mary Mowder (I hope I haven't posted twice. I lost the first one.)
Alexanderia_the_Great
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Alexanderia_the_Great
My husband and I are a team. He is my manager mentor and promoter. I even had him be my MC at my first escape show. We are high school sweethearts that got a chance to share a hobby and are now trying to get this to the next level. Hard but fun work. I am very very lucky as I married my best friend and now I get to work with him in our shows. Though he is not performing himself I know he is in back of me all the way. Being a women in escapes can be a bit lonely in that there are not many of us. Though I must say the escape community has been so welcoming and this board has been great to me a new comer too.

If you are not lucky enough to work with your better half try and do so as it can be great fun ( at least it is now). The good thing for me is that if I want to get rid of him I will simply suggest he do one of my escapes. Honey can you give this a try (lol)
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
My wife or should I say I happen to also perform. Kristen Johnson in her own right has accomplished quite a bit in a short period of time. Being on the June 2009 cover of Linking Ring was great to see.

There is no better feeling than watching her perform...and working with your best friend, makes it that much better. She is truly the hardest working person I know. In 2008 alone she did her water torture cell 298 times. Currently she is up to 762 times and counting.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Kevin and Kirsten are both top flight performers. I have had the pleasure of working with them both. And they leave the stage dry after the cell.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Richard...thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to doing so again. The stage & show was extremely well run.
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Sorry I missed this!
Sylver and I are definitely a partner act, each assisting the other in their own specialty acts. Our main shows (The Knotty Bits Sideshow and our escape shows) are pretty much a 50/50 split between us. We each have our own solo acts as well, but most all that we do is together. For us, it is a safety thing as much as it is a mutual love for the art. We do a lot of legitimately dangerous acts, and neither of us would trust our safety to anyone else. Even when we are booked as solo acts, if there is something dangerous involved, the other is there.
As a bonus to performing together, we both agree that our real quality time is spent traveling to gigs. This is when we have the best time to talk. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Gwyd
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
My wife Kelly and I are a magical team. She is not my assistant and is not a box jumper. Kelly is my magical partner on and off stage. Everything we do is done as a team and every routine utilizes both of us and both have input on creative thinking for them. I simply could not do my show or magic without her.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
My wife and daughter do not perform magic with me on a regular basis, but they help out at certain shows. They have both been my stage assistants at times, and worked backstage at times. Many times they have also been there helping me set up/tear down, etc.

Now we are a musical family too, and they enjoy performing musically more than magically. We perform together at music gigs a lot of the time. I still have to go solo sometimes, and sometimes we are a duet (me and either one of them, ands sometimes we are a trio.

I feel really blessed to have a talented family that is able to perform together.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Regan,

That certainly counts! They do not have to be on stage to be part of the show.

Your family is a great example of a family in show business together in music and magic.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Have any of you other magicians ever listened to Regan's CDs?
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
RodHousley
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of RodHousley
My wife and I have a magical duo and now our son is in our show. A family show is a great way to travel and perform. We have so much fun and our audiences do too.
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
I see Gwyd already responded but I'd like to add my own tid bits.
The two of us were performers before dating but were performing different sorts of skills and shows. It wasn't short after we were dating that we began our training and building of what we currently perform as the Knotty Bits Sideshow. Because our current show and repertoire was built together, our relationship only strengthens our profession. And Like Gwyd said, our best quality time is during our traveling.
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster are married Smile

I have my site http://www.TimEllisMagic.com
she has hers http://www.SueAnneWebster.com AND http://www.AustralianMagician.cm/webster
and we have one together http://www.AustralianMagician.com/ellisandwebster
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There are many married couples in magic that Lucy and I have known for many years.

Marriage is hardly the end of magic!

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
My wife and I are developing a stage act together, but for now we work together regularly doing family events/birthday parties. The idea was to offer the add-on service of face painting, however, her face painting business has grown over the years to the point where she gets booked on her own quite often.

It's nice to work together, and especially nice to go out afterward to eat and have a drink with the money we just earned.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I realize the question asked was for Husband and wife teams, And NO my wife does not perform with me However My Daughter does so I am going to add my name to this list as Father and Daughter Team.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
You have me and Debora, we perform together. You haven't had a chance to see our show, maybe in Sept. at your place.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Magician Teams - Wife/Husband, significant other (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL