The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Wonder Words, Vol. 1-3 Kenton Knepper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Hey guys.

How is the WONDER WORDS audio tape series? From the ads, it makes me feel like I need these tapes. The effects sound amazing... cards, coins, mentalism effects etc. So how are they? I'm SERIOUSLY considering just throwing the $175 bucks down and getting all three volumes. Do you like the tapes, or are the effects pipe dreams?

Thanks.

Ian

I apologize, here are the AD COPIES:

Wonder Words Vol. 1 Audio Tapes by Kenton Knepper
Volume 1 Imagine being able to take control of the very thoughts, perceptions, and responses of your audience. Picture your audiences' amazement when they really can not explain the trick because the magic is done with words, not sleights or props. This is what Wonder Words will teach you. It is prestidigitation of the mind. It's finally here, the audio book everyone has been waiting for. After lots of prodding from Larry Becker, Jeff McBride, Docc Hilford, Dr. Juris, Lee Earle and many other pros, Kenton has agreed to part with the information that he has kept under tight wraps to all but a very select few. Whether you're a magician or mentalist, Kentons' secrets will radically alter your work and the reaction to it. Revealed are the verbal tools used by top psychologists to influence and control clients' actions and attitudes. This is not a dissertation on hypnosis, this is Wonder Words -- The Art of Linguistic Deception. Perhaps even more telling was the response at Docc Hilfords' Weerd Weekend. Wonder Words was a complete sell-out less than an hour after Kenton introduced it. Docc himself said "This is the new Fitzkee." Others said "One of the most significant works ever produced in magic," "This is going into the library at the Castle." Even before it's official release, Jeff McBride praised Wonder Words saying, "You're a spell-weaver of words that can even make mimes speak...I'm living proof. Your material has dramatically transformed the way I'm doing my spell weaving these days!" As important as this material is to your work, you're probably anxious to get a copy of your own. Finally you can...here's how. Just fill out the order form on the back of this sheet, mail it in and very soon you will know what few others know... The Art of Linguistic Deception
$ 59.95

Wonder Words Vol. 2 Audio Tapes by Kenton Knepper
Wonder Words Volume Two is subtitled "The Real Work" because it is exactly that. In Wonder Words Volume One Kenton began the journey....Volume Two turns that journey into a performance altering adventure. So what's the big deal? For starters: Wouldn't it be great if people constantly talked about a trick they saw you perform when in fact you NEVER EVER did that trick at all? Just think of it! There is a secret way to simply tell a story and cause people to believe they actually SAW YOU PERFORM the trick, when all you did was TALK ABOUT IT! (No, it isn't "hypnosis"). In Volume One, you were (As Michael Close said) "Totally Blown Away" by how easy it was to greatly improve your performance by changing a few simple words. Volume Two -- The Real Work offers equally simple techniques that achieve even more startling results. Still want more? Well of course there are killer effects as part of the package. Like how to cause a spectator to TRAVEL THROUGH TIME and come back with PHYSICAL PROOF. This is directly from Kenton's act. Yes all the little touches Kenton uses are there as always. What else? How about an "Invisible Deck" routine with no deck at all? No stooges or other sneaky set ups either. The spectator just MIMES taking a card from thin air, and you can TELL them what they chose (No it isn't some silly mathematical thing either). Another diabolical effect is a never before published telephone trick. Already several performers are using this bit to book thousands of dollars in extra performances.... You can too! OF COURSE THERE'S MUCH MORE... Perhaps you'd like to be able to point into the sky and cause a cloud, any cloud a spectator chooses, to vanish from the sky. No kidding. It's easy once you know the right WORDS. Kenton gives you the WHOLE story on how to do this with words alone. Imagine you have a spectator just THINK of any letter in any word they choose. Now imagine that you not only tell the spectator the letter they are thinking about, but you also describe the EXACT THOUGHTS they had while deciding on that particular letter! Isn't that what a REAL "mindreader" would be able to do? Now you can! Did we mention the ability to look at a spectator and KNOW if they would "play along" or be overly skeptical? You will learn this too. Wouldn't it be great if you could determine how a spectator felt about money, people, their play time, their work time, etc. just by a spectator uttering a few simple words? You can, and Kenton will tell you how. Of course there is still so much more! So just consider this: If you have ever wanted to be a rousing success in your work; If you have ever wanted to honestly MOVE an audience; If you have ever wanted to be considered "legendary"; If you have ever wanted people to remember your shows for YEARS even DECADES to come; If you have ever wanted to learn the REAL WORK that only the most successful acts in entertainment use, THEN THESE TAPES ARE FOR YOU. If you don't care about ANY of these things, then maybe all the effects above have got your attention. There's even more of those too! Whatever your reason for purchasing Wonder Words Volume Two, you're bound to be blown away by the material it contains. If you have Volume One you already know how important this series is to your performances. Many of you have applied the principles in the first volume to your "other" work. Find Out Why Movie Studio Heads, Theatrical Directors, Lawyers, Publishers and Performers The World Over Have Been Anxiously Awaiting!
$ 65.00

Wonder Words Vol. 3 Audio Tapes by Kenton Knepper
Kenton ends the series with a BANG including contributions from Jeff McBride, Dan Harlan, Joel Bauer, Docc Hilford, and MORE. This final volume will leave you breathless! The book alone is over 50 pages in length, with detailed effects direct from the acts of working pros. There is also a complete and precise index to BOTH Volumes Two AND Three, for easy reference (Volume One has its own index). And Volume Three is JAM-PACKED, the biggest volume ever! So what else is in here? Imagine being able to get a spectator to scream, just by saying a few seemingly harmless words. Just think of an entire audience believing in you INSTANTLY, because you speak a single phrase. Learn to stop unwanted annoyances dead in their tracks. Discover the one secret word that causes people to do what you want them to - it's proven scientifically! Uncover the "code" used throughout the series. This alone can expand the series into the equivalent of another several volumes. Hear how your tone of voice can become a "gimmick" in any effect or routine. Uncover the secret about ALL words! And that's just for starters... What about the "tricks?" A spectator holds his watch and merely THINKS of a special moment in time. You not only begin to describe this event, you reveal the time - which now shows on his watch! Or how about this: You not only talk about "subliminal programming" - you prove it. In fact, this might be how the trick really works! There are more than a half-dozen other incredible effects. You won't believe all that Kenton has given up THIS time - the final time!
$ 75.00
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
IMHO, I didn't care for the effects myself but I think that the information on the tapes was useful in helping me make my magic better.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I think... even if we can really learn to do the effects as he says...
The effects are TOO strong to believe!!!

Anyone can give a honest review?
Thanks a lot!
And I think we all would like to know more about it.

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Anyone else have these???

Ian
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
I bought the first set and confess that I was disappointed. Many others are very enthusiastic.

Basically it's a course about how to use words carefully to create particular impressions in the minds of the audience: using clever suggestions and combinations of words to get them to think they are seeing what you want them to see, to get them to remember things a little differently from the way they happened, taking advantage of ambiguities, etc. Some of it seemed to me obvious; other examples seemed non-obvious but also not all that useful. A few ideas seemed both non-obvious and useful.

If you do a lot of mentalism that relies on this sort of thing -- in other words, if you do routines that rely a lot on careful verbal manipulation of the spectator -- then the tapes might well be useful. For me (a dabbler in mentalism; mostly into other kinds of magic) they were overpriced and a source of some regret.

(I daresay that the advertising copy may be in something of the same spirit as the product: if you assert vigorously enough that the product is amazing and gives its user astonishing powers, maybe it starts to seem truer!)

KF
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
As with everything Kenton puts out, they're expensive. As with everything Kenton puts out, opinions on them are polarized - either you love 'em or hate 'em.

Forget the tricks. No one should buy Wonder Words for the tricks. This is a series on how to use language to manipulate your audience. Much (maybe even most) will seem obvious. But that can go as "Why didn't I think of that?" as easily as "I already knew that." If you think you currently handle your audiences adequately, you might be disappointed in Wonder Words. If you want help in this area, this may be the series for you.

Wonder Words don't produce miracles in themselves. You'll learn techniques to nudge spectators' thinking in the direction you want. So Wonder Words are definitely a means, not an end.

Getting Volume 1 by itself (perhaps used? Perhaps you could persuade kermitthefrog into parting with his? Smile ) isn't a bad way to introduce yourself to the concepts, and then get the other sets if this interests you, and passing if it doesn't. That's what I did, and I ended up getting all three. I'll add that I think Volume 2 is the strongest of the series, but it builds on Volume 1, and I wouldn't get it by itself.

Smile
Nando
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
74 Posts

Profile of Nando
Doc Eason is a big believer in using the advice in "Wonder Words" while performing. Good enough testimonial for me.
Nando
The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
-Robert Anthony
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I like what kermitthefrog said, if you think you will have the REAL POWER after buying Wonder Words, then you are feeling its POWER!!!

But I think most magic adverts used the same concept of Wonder Words!

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
There a hundreds of postings and reviews on the issue - just do a search with "Wonder Words"
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
I have the tapes. They're not for everyone. They require listening to more than once and really thinking about what is said. I'd be hesitant to recommend them because of the cost without knowing more about what kind of magician you are, your style, etc.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
You can find the newest revised set fo Wonder Words on CD, at: http://www.wonderwizards.com the special "time limited" sale price is $150 (US).
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
chappy
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of chappy
I took advantage of the Wonder Words CD deal and I have just finished listenening to them in their entirety for the first time.

For what it is worth, here are some of my thoughts.

There are many ideas in this series that if given time to digest, and if the time is taken to apply, will be of the greatest value to any performer.

The time and effort required to thoroughly understand this information much less apply it to ones performance, I believe, will simply be more than many people will be willing to give.

It will be much easier for many to "not like them".

Will you find any new effects here?
Well, if you are currrently performing 10 routines, then after completely absorbing the WW Series, you should have 10 new ones.

Is it worth $150 for you?
No one but you can answer that.
For me? Absolutely.
Greg
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
JamesCheung
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK
214 Posts

Profile of JamesCheung
Wonder Words is one of the must have works for any magician or mentalist. Only the wise will truly appreciate the power of Kenton's thinking and to be honest I would prefer it if more people dismissed it as I would dearly love to keep it a secret. It is a testament to the value of this work that many top notch mentalists have been inspired by and have endorsed these tapes. The effects are an added bonus but the true value is in the principles and the application of thinking. The principle of 'Labelling' was worth the price of the set alone. It has my highest recommendation.
marc_us
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of marc_us
As said, the main thing about wonder words is definitely not the tricks. However if you enjoy 'double reality' (the audience and the participant have different perception of what happens during the performance) tricks, you'll be in heaven. The information can definitely be gotten from books on NLP at a much better price. But of course, you'll have to do all that collating of information and transfer all that knowledge to the context of magic ... do a google search with 'nlp language patterns' to get an idea of what to expect ... not exactly the same but close
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
Before buying why not check out one of Kenton cheaper products like'kentonism'.dipping your toe rather than spending a lot of money straight away is my recommendation.
good luck.
hmk
JamesCheung
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK
214 Posts

Profile of JamesCheung
Quote:
On 2004-01-23 14:11, hmk wrote:
Before buying why not check out one of Kenton cheaper products like'kentonism'.dipping your toe rather than spending a lot of money straight away is my recommendation.
good luck.
hmk

I disagree, as Kentonism is a very advanced book that definitely makes more sense after listening to Wonder Words and will put many people off Kenton if that is the first thing they read. A better intro is 'Miracles of Suggestion' which explains one facet of Wonder Words and is quite palatable for the beginner.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I have read some of Kenton materials and all I could say is: Kenton materials are not for casual performers.

His materials are all possible, but instead of tricks, it looks like some real magic in spectators' eyes. But be confused that if you read the materials, you can perform the same things. IT IS NOT!! You have to study the materials so carefully down to it elements. So for VERY serious magicians/miracle creators, Kenton materials are MUST BUY. But for casual magician, please PASS it, you will complain that they waste your money.

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1214 Posts

Profile of DJG
I agreee with alexhui. It is not for everyone. If you are looking for tricks (there are a few within), it will not be worth your time and money. Wonder Words is all (well 90%) about linguistics. How you can use linguistics to create seperate effects for your participant and audience. How to enhance an effect you may already do. How to elicit certain reactions.

Please note: this is not NLP, although there are very small elements inside.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
For all of you guy & gal out there ..... if you are not ready for Wonder Words or any other kind of lingustic deception from other Author like Luke Jermay, Richard Busch, Enrique Enriquez, etc... then you are not rady for Mentalism.....thanks to WOnder Words NOW I can make my performance much much stronger & Deceptive, again if you are not ready, I recomend you Stick to the Plastic Magic Sets from TENYO......or do the other Automatic push button magic.....

since doing magic with much more risk and more suggestion in it create greater sense of reward for me as a performer and greater conncetion beetween me & my audience.....its like dancing together.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Wonder Words, Vol. 1-3 Kenton Knepper (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL