The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » A twist on the Bra trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1092 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
We all hate the 20th Century Bra trick because its a cheap laugh at the expense of a member of your audience which you should NEVER do with out the personality to back it up, unless your too dense to realize that. This can however get belly laughs if you take the sting off your spectator and put it on yourself, so here's what I've come up with:

Have your female assistant stand up on a chair holding a silk in her two clenched fists just about chest level, have the two prepared silks knotted and tucked into your OWN shirt. Now your going to do the passing through spectator bit using your favorite seance hand gimmick and be sure to make a big deal about the silk in her hands passing through the silks in your shirt as you pass through her. Of course now you know what happens next, ask to show her silk has vanished which it obviously hasn't and then pull out her apparent bra from in your own shirt.

What do you guys think?

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 1:51am
No one? I guess it's not as funny as I thought it was.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Well, it's a lot better than the original presentation! It does have a certain charm.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
I'm not sure I understand the setup and why the audience helper is standing on a chair.

Pulling a bra from under a man's shirt makes no sense to me, unless it's been implied earlier in the show that he likes to cross dress. I can see how it would get a laugh, but I don't think it would fit into a show. A bra would make sense, and be a lot funnier, if it had vanished earlier in the show and couldn't be found.

If the magician's character was a pathetic lounge lizard, with obviously fake chest hair, then it would be funny to have that chest toupee pulled out from his shirt. Or a t-shirt with flowers on it. Or the suspenders pulled off and his pants fall down revealing boxer shorts with hearts all over them.

I do agree that pulling the bra from a female spectator's shirt is a terrible mistake and very disrespectful of the woman and the audience.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1092 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
The Point is for the magician to pass through the spectator and the set up is that the silk in her hands will also pass through the two tucked in your shirt. The laugh comes when the trick has gone awry and you have seemingly caught the ladies bra instead of the silk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » A twist on the Bra trick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL