The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Packet Trick Management (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shalin
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Shalin
I just go to a baseball card shop and buy the single card protectors that they sell and keep my packet tricks inside of them. They are cheap and I hold one packet trick in each one.

-Shalin
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
243 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
Dano - I like your idea, but would be concerned with the block of cards being too big if I added additional packets. Are any of the packet tricks you stock in the deck oddballs, like color monte, sidewalk shuffle, eye exam? If so, ever gotten questions as to why they are in the deck?
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
As far as the block of cards, the size is not that critical. Mine is about 3/4 of the full deck size and leaves much room for the packet tricks. Just be sure to glue 1 blue and 1 red backed on opposite sides, that way you are set for either color with one block. No, I don't use it for "Specialty Cards", cause it is obvious they are special and would not be in a regular deck anyway. BTW, I did get questioned once, that's why I took them out. My technique works as both a storage medium as well as a "Convincer". 2 for 1 Huh?
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1273 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
http://www.misdirections.com has some very, very cheap packet wallets. But they are plastic. Look at the acessories page and scroll down.
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
I don't believe that the "perfect", one size fits all, case exists. This is such a personal item that it would be best if you had a custom made wallet to fit your style and requirements.

Me....I will continue to look and consult with the guru. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13350 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
This is my current solution. photos 2-5.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/wallets/samples.pl

a unique wallet with three compartments.
one of which is kind of "top secret" and hard to see.

underneath is a secret whatcha-ma-callit that holds out a card.

I like it becuase it's not a one-trick-pony. It can be used for packet tricks
or other functions.

And I very much like the elegant design.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Harry and Dano,

Great ideas for packet tricks. I am going to use them.

Thanks,
Mike
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
326 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Quote:
On 2003-06-18 10:40, Ty Argo wrote:
Magic Methods sells a Deluxe Card Wallet that has spots for 18 Packet tricks. I have one and it hold all my packet tricks, plus extra business cards. You can find it online at the following link about 1/3 [actually a little less than 1/2] down the page. Good price too. Check it out.

http://www.magicmethodsonline.com/cmagic.html

(Yes, I know this is an old thread!)

I bought one of these years ago and love it...the front and back pockets have room for instruction sheets and each pocket can hold up to 8 or so cards. I'd love to get another, but Magic Methods lists theirs as no longer working with Poker-size cards. Is anyone aware of something similar that will hold Poker-size cards? So far the only thing even remotely similar I've found are the following...they have 40 card pockets (2 5/8" x 3 5/8"), but don't have the front and back pockets:

http://bit.ly/MBaqhs

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions!

Craig
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
If the link in my previous post doesn't show the search results, try this:

http://bit.ly/N1TRy2

This is what it should link to:

pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1546 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I bought something similar for baseball cardsmin Toys R Us . it has pages with 4 pockets, I think it has 10 or 12 pages
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
That sounds like the same thing...how well does it work?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22057 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Boy, I have been here an done that! Remember in the 1980's when packet tricks were all the rage. Well I had my share and a lot of them was really good. So how to carry them. When the Magic Methods multi pocket wallet came out, I bought 2, and found that they did not work for using at showing close-up magic. The wallet was to large to put in any pocket. The the real massive problem of trying to keep track of what packet trick was in which pocket. After a while, you can forget, what the trick is even suppose to be, or is there anything else you need beside the packet of playing cards.

I finally just went back to the individual folding card holder. This makes more sense when you want to pull out a packet trick and perform it, then simply put back in the holder. I found they are hard to find on the Internet, but that was my solution. Some holders are different colors and you put all the necessary with the cards on the other side, or another of your favorite packet card tricks.

Later I actually wrote a note to myself with the name of the trick and put it behind the cards. That way I know exactly what is in there.

I still have about 10 cards from that large multi pocket carrier I don't know which trick they go to. Another problem is some packet tricks use the same type of treated cards.

Color Monte, I just made one up with regular cards and use the finale card from the original cards. Then I just put that with a deck I am using. Color Monte still kills!
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Randy B
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Randy B
I just picked up an Aluma Wallet XL from Walmart to hold packet tricks, so far seems to work well
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
If you scroll down to the bottom of this thread you'll find a great, inexpensive alternative to the individual vinyl holder:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=201
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
For a somewhat more classy appearance try a leather credit card holder. Many brands avail. Thin. Actually bought mine at the Winn so the logo gives it a different "no magical" look. Slim .simple, folds open to reveil contents. 3 pockets on each side. Two that hold cards visible and one (in back) large enough that the entire cards are concealed. Perfect fit for poker sized cards.
Miguel Abril
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Miguel Abril
I had an Aluma wallet but it must be the normal version because the cards were too big for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Packet Trick Management (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL