The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Robert-Houdin Picture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

veegates
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of veegates
Hi,
I am hoping someone might locate a line drawing of Robert-Houdin presenting his acrobat. I have a read a few books on Robert-Houdin and I remember seeing a drawing of him next to the acrobat who is smoking his pipe. It might have been a program advertising his show. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks to all!
SJMiller
View Profile
New user
East Tennessee
61 Posts

Profile of SJMiller
A picture of a playbill showing Robert-Houdin next to his trapeze performer is on page 147 of Mlbourne Christopher's Illustrated History of Magic.
veegates
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of veegates
Hi,
Thank you for the lead. I checked it out, but it is not the one with the acrobat smoking a pipe. I am thinking about modifying the acrobat that I built to have the ability to smoke. I wanted to find the line drawing to see what the figure looked like with a pipe in his mouth. I built a Dancing Harlequin a while back and these figures do not have the ability to hold the pipe in their hands so this requires a hole in the mouth to place the pipe. I know that smoking is not PC these days, but I think it would make him more interesting. I am going to shoot a proper video showing my acrobat performing a complete routine with a Magician doing the presentation.
Thank you!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Robert-Houdin Picture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL