The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Paper napkin rose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
In some of my shows, I transform a napkin into a rose. While I have purchased the special red and green napkins for this, there is still something about doing it with a regular, white napkin.

Tonight, my family threw me a surprise birthday party. Now, I have been known to perform at birthday parties, just not my own. My cousin's children wanted to see some magic. I did various sleights (including cigarette sleights with a rolled up dollar bill) and other stuff in an impromptu setting. This included tossing a napkin over the shoulder of a little boy and making it disappear.

I don't know why, but I started turning the napkin into rose, but before I did, I just blurted out to the little boy, "Keep your eye on the napkin, make sure it doesn't disappear." As I rolled and twisted the napkin, I repeatedly asked, "Do you see the napkin? Do you see the napkin? Is the napkin still there?

Then as I finished the transformation, I said, "Look, the napkin has disappeared and there is a rose in its place." I gave him the rose to give to his mother, and he was extremely happy.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Sometimes the great moments are the least planned. I know this marks me for what I am but where's a good place to learn the napkin to rose?
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Congrats on a successful impromptu performance! Do you mind if I use the line about the napkin disappearing? I completely understand if you do mind.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
MediaMonk,

I bought the specially printed roses at Magi-Fest in Columbus, Ohio, last year, and I learned it from the person who sold the napkins. There is probably some video out there.

Jeremy L.,

Feel free. We are all in this together.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Thanks Bobby!

Mediamonk-
I recommend you check out Michael Mode's products for the napkin rose. You can find the instructions to make the basic rose on his website. His products are also available from most magic shops. He has a DVD which teaches the fold and a couple effects involving the napkin rose (I believe the DVD comes with some of the colored napkins). He also sells the specially printed napkins in several different colors.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Thanks!
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
Mike's a great guy. Buy from him.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Paper napkin rose (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL