The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Lennart Green's New DVDs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Great! 1979... my birth year. He was that great even when I hadn't arrived in this world!!! Smile

Even if you do not like card magic, you must like Lennart Green! Buy them all!!

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
& Special Guest
406 Posts

Profile of CardFan
OK thanks for that answer. I will begin saving money for these babies...
Simplest of the schoolboys now knows truths for which Archimedes would have given his life...
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Yeah, I am saving my money now. ^_^
I suggest you all to buy the DVDs, because you must want to watch the same move over and over again.

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I can not wait anymore to watch his new stuff...must be excellent as usual!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
Must I be the only voice of reason here?!?!?!?

As much as I think Lennart Green is technically brilliant, his first 3 videos almost put me to sleep! Not only that, the editing was appaling... I mean, some of the techniques were explained bit by bit over the entire 3 volumes. I would hate to be one of those people who only got volume 1, and didn't get to see the sleight in more detail on volume 3.

Maybe now is a good time to discuss the shocking audio track. I had to turn the volume up to extremes to hear the guy talk, and was then deafened by the audience applause.

Maybe I got a bad set, or maybe these videos are just plain aweful. Either way, I wouldn't order any more of his products if he was the last magician on earth!

In case anyone is wondering, I gave these videos away, because I don't think anyone should pay for garbage...
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Anyway, his caracter and the kind of card magic he does, is not for everyones taste !!!

But, I agree with the technical point, very poor tape. We should expect more from a buyers point of view.

Still, I am a fan Of Lennart, I can't wait to see his new set of DVDs.. Smile

Kuffs
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Hey...I do not think Green's material is garbage! I also agree with the technical point of the tapes. But according to Lennart's skills, are you sure we are talking for the same Lennart Green DrK???
Anyway, does anyone knows more details as to what stuff is included in his new DVDs?
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Dr K, poor production qualities aside, you wouldn't buy anything by Lennart Green despite his outstanding card magic and flawless technique? If he wrote a well-produced book (which would eliminate audio and editing problems inherent in videos) you still wouldn't be interested?

And no, I don't consider you the voice of reason, anymore than I consider myself it.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
As they say, once bitten, twice shy.

Technically, Lennart Green is almost unmatched, but in terms of the magician as a whole, he is less than what everyone is making him out to be. I don't want to turn this topic into a Skills versus Presentation battle, but you have to aknowledge that his presentation leaves a lot to be desired.

You would think that if those were your videos, you would make sure that the quality was there, and that you had some say in the editing.

Would I buy his book? Probably not. Based on what I've seen on his videos (a multitude of effects using the same single technique), I imaging his book would contain similar material.

This somewhat reminds me of Troy Hooser's DVDs. Must we really be subjected to 3.5 million variations of 3-Fly?

As a comparison, look at Darwin Ortiz books/videos. His policy on only printing effects where he felt he could add something new or different is something we should all aspire to. I know some people will say that he put Hitchcock Aces in both 'At the Card Table', and 'CardShark', but you have to remember, he made significant changes to the trick, and even then thought twice about putting out another version.

From Lennart Green's Videos (as well as Troy Hooser's DVD's), it appears that these guys are suffering from a case of Marlo-itis; where you sit down with a deck of cards/coins and play around with one move/trick, and then print 15 different versions of the same thing.

Need I remind everyone of the recent Symmatrix releases?
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
I agree with Dr K. While some of the material is quite good the quality of teaching is so abysmally bad that I wouldn't consider them worth the money. While watching them I had to go over and over and over certain sections trying to figure them out.

Let me make this point, Lennart does not _teach_ anything on these DVDs. He merely tells you what to do. "Do this, then this, then this..."
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I was at the last video shoot Lennart Green did. It was a lot of fun. He did coin effects, rope effects, card effects, and something with my wedding ring but now I cannot remember what it was... I think a coin effect.

I don't know what will make it on the DVDs but I remember "Stolen Cards" was one effect he did.

There were some technical difficulties at one point and Lennart was kind enough to keep everyone entertained with a lot of his Vol. 1 tape routines.

I personally like his performing style. He has a very good, witty, and dry sense of humor. I much prefer that to those who practically makes a fool of themselves being overly silly, overly dramatic, etc.

I will admit that the parts of vol. 1 that were done in Sweden were not that entertaining. I think I did fall asleep on occassion.

Speaking of sleeping...nothing puts me to sleep like a good David Roth Coin Video. However, I still consider them 'must haves'.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Lennart Green's New DVDs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL