The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » And another thing . . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I wanted to mention that Don Driver's "Svengali Pitch" DVD also has a great side benefit.
The Svengali Pitch may look and sound simple, but it's not. The pitch is a fairly complex series of actions and specific words that need to be done smoothly together, in certain ways and at certain times. So it takes a while to get all of this under your belt (at least that was my experience).

But Don also included a way of learning the pitch that broke it down into easily digested (and remembered) connected parts. I found this very helpful in speeding up the learning process. When I subsequently added a Magic Worm pitch, I did the same thing, used Don's method, and was up and running with it very quickly.

Now I'm working on a "Fast & Loose" routine that has much the same situation: 6 or 7 different throws of the chain, along with different patter and outcomes on each throw. If I try to learn it all at once, my brain just freezes up. But by applying Don's method, I broke it down into a few related segments. This was much easier to handle, and should also help to prevent or minimize the "what-comes-next?" crisis we've all experienced at one time or another.

As I always said, becoming a good pitchman will also make you a better magician, too. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
sescarny
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of sescarny
Fast and loose is such a fun scam!!! I actually got out of being arrested in IL by playing the game with the cop. what a great memory!!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
From what I've seen, F&L can be presented as a con game or a magic trick.

I'm going to go down the middle by showing it as a historical curiosity (no wagers taken) where the specs always guess wrong no matter what they pick, and then finish up with the knot kicker. Whit Haydn's DVD on the chain was tremendous and had plenty of history, all the moves and good bits of business. There's even a fake "Fast" pickup I hadn't seen before.

BTW, I'm also playing around with a Belanger Quarter (no fancy mechanical gaffed coins for me!) to stay busy during the winter layoff. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello Seth:

I agree....I use Don's Svengali / worm pitch just as shown in the DVD. I learned the pitch by breaking it down like Don does in sections, and building the pitch on these different sections. Thanks Don for your DVD!!! It works!!!!!!

ROD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » And another thing . . . (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL