The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Mystery of Titan's Finger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
I did it like 3 hours ago, and the "magic" is still there...
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I don't like because of the following reason.

When the demo/ad copy came out for this effect, most everyone said, "It must be a fake fingernail!" Yet the people marketing it kept saying, "No, no, it's a better method! It's so much more clever, and you're completely clean during the effect" Then, one of my friends showed the demo video to his wife and she immediately said, "Isn't it just a fake fingernail? I mean, he's not really doing it."

If a layman thinks for a second that "It's a fake fingernail," then in the spectator's mind, it IS a fake fingernail. They may not know where the fingernail went, but I think a lot of times they will just assume that it's hidden somewhere. I'm not sold on this effect.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anyone gone to a magic shop and had this demoed?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
chriswebbmagic
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of chriswebbmagic
Hey guys I was lucky to see this a while ago and when it came out I bought it.
At first I was like I wont get away with this but you do if you talk them through it.
If you tell them you will twist your finger then they know to look for a twisted finger. I do use this as a filler between effects or an ofbeat and works a charm.
Chris webb
www.ChrisWebbVault.com

Creator of: Coffee Shot, Flash, Fickle and RE.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I find it a little hard to believe the things I'm reading here!

You gotta SELL the effect. Have we forgotten HOW to perform?

You could start a religion with this thing, it's that strong.

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Quote:
On 2009-12-11 16:07, mayniac wrote:

If a layman thinks for a second that "It's a fake fingernail," then in the spectator's mind, it IS a fake fingernail. They may not know where the fingernail went, but I think a lot of times they will just assume that it's hidden somewhere.

Either they think it's a fake fingernail hidden somewhere or they assure it's a fake fingernail, as long as they find NOTHING and no trace of evidence then your job is done.

Most of the time our spectators will presume how a trick is done, they will try tolook for it. But as long as they can't find anything, they will continue to scratch their head.

Eg: If you do Crazy Man's handcuff, some layman will reckon their is something happen when your finger touches. But it's honestly too fast to see and they can't find anything hence they hold nothing to support their argument or what they reckon is right.
Best Regards,

Bob
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I kinda think it's the sound thing that "sells" the illusion. That and making darn sure you don't show them so much of your finger that the "too perfect" theory comes into play.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 18:20, Ben Harris wrote:
I find it a little hard to believe the things I'm reading here!

You gotta SELL the effect. Have we forgotten HOW to perform?

You could start a religion with this thing, it's that strong.

Ben

In my opinion this effect must be sold but the problem has nothing to do with that; it's that the illusion is weak on some people's fingers. Period.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Patrick,
Can you please send me a pm with what issue you have with my effect?
Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I have been meaning to post about Titan's Finger for the past week, been a bit busy.

I have done this for a good 10 people already to some great reactions!

As someone else posted, I use Alan Wong's "Neck Cracker" under my Arm-Pit Smile I am telling you guys, this REALLY REALLY adds to the illusion on the whole effect in it's entirety.

If you don't own a "Neck Cracker" gimmick I suggest you get one if you do not care for the cracking method taught on the DVD.

I would go as far as to say 50% of the effect relies on the sound, the other 50% is the illusion itself. There has not been one person yet who did not comment or cringe from the sound they hear when I Twist my Finger.

With that said, this is without question one of my top effects of 09', I can honesty say the gimmick is with me where-ever I go.

A really Awesome effect, very simple, and very effective in getting some great reactions.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
I think I have some damage done to my finger! Not sure how it happened, but the "nail" is still on my finger...Been here for 4 days. Its not like I did it differently (dont want to say exact wording) but its still here!! I hope it goes away...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
This is the best close up effect of 2009 I can't recommend this enough
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bull --lony
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I am having fun playing around with this...

but now my finger hurts a lot (after about 4 days of practicing) and it even hurts when I type. I think I might be getting a bruise on my finger or something...
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Quote:
On 2009-12-14 16:45, Vorezo wrote:
I think I have some damage done to my finger! Not sure how the hell it happened, but the "nail" is still on my finger...Been here for 4 days.

You got another winner. The finger is pernmenantly TWISTED!!!!! Now let them examine it Smile
Best Regards,

Bob
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-12-14 18:16, jprace wrote:...a bruise on my finger or something...

or something - lol, maybe a reaction to acetone?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sorry you don't see the potential in this vinnie but
in my opinion this is the best close up effect off 2009
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Alan, you haven't seen Ultracinese have you?

I agree with Vinny. No comparison between Ultra and Titan's finger.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have seen it but I'm taking set up, effect and impact along with afordability into my opinion . I will use this day in day out it takes next to no set up and takes up next to no extra space. All this into consideration, titans finger is the best in my opinion
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Quote:
On 2009-12-14 18:16, jprace wrote:
I am having fun playing around with this...

but now my finger hurts a lot (after about 4 days of practicing) and it even hurts when I type. I think I might be getting a bruise on my finger or something...

I think I have the same problem...i stopped doing it after the bruise (i guess you could call it that) appeared. Really red (where the nail should appear) and wont go away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Mystery of Titan's Finger (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL