The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's top 5 effects (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Danik1
View Profile
Regular user
Saint-Eustache, Canada
185 Posts

Profile of Danik1
What's your top 5 effects you perform from Richard Osterlind?

Here's my top 5 in no particular order

1. Design Dupplication
2. Bank Night
3. Pegasus Page
4. Clip Line Deluxe
5. Marked Coin in Bottle
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
My top five:

1. Watch Routine
2. BCS (I know it's not technically an effect; so I'd go with Card Calling specifically)
3. Magazine Test
4. Thoughtscan
5. ODDS
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
There are only 2 effects I can think of that Richard owns or teamed up to own that I enjoyed:

1. Viewed ESP Prediction
2. Predict-Tac-Toe.

I am sure there are others that are great but I can't think of the names.

He seems to like Theo Annemann, Syd Bergson, Al Koran, Larry Becker, Corinda and many other classic magicians. I enjoy his twist on their effects.

I like his performance of a Koran effect:

3. Magic Medallion

These classics would have to be on my Top 5 list too:

4. Slate Writing
5. Spoon Bending

(That was fun...I had forgotten how great Osterlind is and how much his magic has impacted my magic. Thanks for starting this thread Danik1.)
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
There is a lot of his stuff that I love, but I don't actually do.
Some that I do are:

1) spoon bending. Osterlind's routine is the best!
2)predict-tac-toe. So much fun and really blows people away.
3)Perfect center tear. Well, it is called the PERFECT tear right?
4)Acidus Novus. Osterlind's version as taught in his watch routine. I don't do the watch routine though

I haven't done it yet, but I plan on making a thoughtscan board to use.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
That "Watch Routine" is pretty hard to top.

With the right presentation, it's pretty much unbeatable.

Isn't it?

D
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Yes, the watchroutine is hard to beat,
so is PCT and BCS!
kiki
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 04:52, KiKi wrote:
Yes, the watchroutine is hard to beat,
so is PCT and BCS!
kiki

Psychic Control and MBCS (fries my brain performing it Smile).
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
I agree with KiKi and magicFreak2 PCT and BCS have changed the way I look and do mentalism. Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I would LOVE to learn his coin bend.
Acidus.
His Q&A gets a great reaction.
...............?
...............?

-Scott M
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Watch routine.
ODDS.
Spoon bending routine.
Esteno ESP.
maybe I not original of osterlind but rocks solid ghost!!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
1. Chicken Lisa
2. Italian/Scandinavian sausage something (unnamed)
3. The Bent Penny (no cover, short sleeves, I have only two words for it: IMpossible)
4. PCT (Not an effect, but a tool. The effect is "thought reading.")
5. Artificial Intelligence

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 14:07, mormonyoyoman wrote:
1. Chicken Lisa
3. The Bent Penny (no cover, short sleeves, I have only two words for it: IMpossible)

*jeep!
--Grandpa

What is his Artificial Intelligence effect? I've never seen it.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Pick up *Mystique* -- the book is worth it for "A.I." alone, but there is SO much more!

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 14:45, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Pick up *Mystique* -- the book is worth it for "A.I." alone, but there is SO much more!

*jeep!
--Grandpa
I just ordered it from penguinmagic at only 33.75$ !!!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Get it from here and get it autographed (with request). If you ask nicely, you might get one of his recipes also.

http://osterlindstore.com/catalog/produc......ts_id/81

*jeep!
--Gourmet Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 14:45, mormonyoyoman wrote:

*jeep!
--Grandpa

I can't find a description of the effect anywhere. I searched the Café, but never actually found it mentioning what it was. Would you be so kind as to indulge me the description?
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
I'll pull my description from another forum (to which Sven replied that it scares the sheeps' heads out of people, especially when you've picked up thoughts one split instant before they think them.

"As to what 'Artificial Intelligence' is --- imagine that you can choose 2, 3, or more (in theory; it would get tedious) volunteers and pick their thought at the very moment they think of it - or perhaps an instant beforehand. To top it off, you'll be able, at the end (should you choose) to determine what a person sees before they see it.

"All with only index cards and a pen or pencil. You can add a deck of playing cards if you want to. The more I use this, the more variations I find possible. It's so simple, that you'll be fooled into thinking it wouldn't affect anyone. You would be wrong to think that.

"Here's the kicker: Every person to whom I've - er, subjected to this, relates it as a PERSONAL experience when they talk about it. You'll get what I mean when you try it."

Besides this (which is worth the price of admission) there is the unbelievable "First Dog" (You'll swear it won't work; it always does.), a Bank Night in which you may shred your paycheck, the entire book *the Business of Magic*, a "Puff Pasteboard" routine which is ideal for nonsmokers, some incredible chapters on how to make your magic and mentalism very - VERY - real, a watch duplication (or a pen duplication, or a bottle of Listerine duplication, or...), "Miracle Thought Projection" (How I WISH Richard hadn't revealed this!!!), a bunch of other stuff -- including "Two-Faced Epic" and (if you get it from Richard) some additional routines that aren't in the book.

Do you feel indulged yet? <g>

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 16:01, mormonyoyoman wrote:
I'll pull my description from another forum (to which Sven replied that it scares the sheeps' heads out of people, especially when you've picked up thoughts one split instant before they think them.

"As to what 'Artificial Intelligence' is --- imagine that you can choose 2, 3, or more (in theory; it would get tedious) volunteers and pick their thought at the very moment they think of it - or perhaps an instant beforehand. To top it off, you'll be able, at the end (should you choose) to determine what a person sees before they see it.

"All with only index cards and a pen or pencil. You can add a deck of playing cards if you want to. The more I use this, the more variations I find possible. It's so simple, that you'll be fooled into thinking it wouldn't affect anyone. You would be wrong to think that.

"Here's the kicker: Every person to whom I've - er, subjected to this, relates it as a PERSONAL experience when they talk about it. You'll get what I mean when you try it."

Besides this (which is worth the price of admission) there is the unbelievable "First Dog" (You'll swear it won't work; it always does.), a Bank Night in which you may shred your paycheck, the entire book *the Business of Magic*, a "Puff Pasteboard" routine which is ideal for nonsmokers, some incredible chapters on how to make your magic and mentalism very - VERY - real, a watch duplication (or a pen duplication, or a bottle of Listerine duplication, or...), "Miracle Thought Projection" (How I WISH Richard hadn't revealed this!!!), a bunch of other stuff -- including "Two-Faced Epic" and (if you get it from Richard) some additional routines that aren't in the book.

Do you feel indulged yet? <g>

*jeep!
--Grandpa

Very indulged. Thank you. Smile

Might I ask, is it one of those sort of effects where the audience gets a much better entertainment for their money than the participant (if you know what I mean by that)?
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
There is always an Osterlind effect in my act and in my brain ready to do at a moments notice. Here's my list:

1. ThoughtScan - Simply one of the best approaches to mind reading. Master this and build a reputation!

2. Perfected Center Tear - The original "rip & read" tear. If it wasn't for PCT, it's doubtful the others would have appeared on the market. Once you know this, you're always prepared to read minds.

3. Stainless Steel Blindfold - How wrong I was about this when I first got it. I didn't know how to present it, and didn't care for it at first. However after some time, put more work into it, listed to & read what Richard's thoughts were on it and this is now the finale of my show. I will never go back to a sleep mask!

4. Transparent Forces - This is such a great utility device. The possibilities are endless. I use this prop in almost every show. Transparent Forces has saved the day for me many times!

5. Watch Routine - This is the only effect on the list I've never performed. I almost didn't watch the explanation on the DVD the first time I saw it because I didn't want to spoil the mystery. Completely fried me.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 14:07, mormonyoyoman wrote:
1. Chicken Lisa

*jeep!
--Grandpa

Seconed, in no particular order, except for The Italian/Scandinavian Sausages Effect (TI/SSE), which I not am familiar with.
- or did Richard further develope Bank Night, changing the four lottery coupons for a link of sausages???

I could add quite a few other effects to the list.

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's top 5 effects (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL