The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's top 5 effects (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 20:35, Jim-Callahan wrote: Coin Bend that is so much like mine. Wish I could ad more but I never looked at his stuff and only know of the bend because of some recent footage posted. One big differance is that mine is in the persons hand and you see it bending even in their flat out palm. But I am sure the basic method is the same. However it is important to publicly note the differances betweeen my presentation and the one Rich, uses. Will post a video of mine soon.

Seriously? I mean... seriously???
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
All of em as long as he is performing them.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-03-06 01:55, Decomposed wrote:
All of em as long as he is performing them.

I always use that when getting a gig. I say "Look! Do you want me or Richard Osterlind?". Then I tell them how much Mr Osterlind charges and how much I charge and I get the gig every time! Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Acid Test for me.

That's the only one I do from his Routines.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Anything with BCS, Watch Routine, Magazine Test, 20 Card Test, Radio Demo
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2011-03-05 20:35, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Coin Bend that is so much like mine.

Wish I could ad more but I never looked at his stuff and only know of the bend because of some recent footage posted.

One big differance is that mine is in the persons hand and you see it bending even in their flat out palm.

But I am sure the basic method is the same.

However it is important to publicly note the differances betweeen my presentation and the one Rich, uses.

Will post a video of mine soon.

Jim

H.o.A-X

H.o.A-X

Where can we see that video--has it been posted?
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
Watch Routine
Predict-Tac-Toe
Radar Deck
Digital Feedback
Solid Ghost
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
1)Spoon Bends, I use his spoon bends every performance, they look like the real thing!
3)Perfected Center Tear, love it, possibly the best utility item in my arsenal for anything!
2)Solid Steel Blindfold, I just got mine last week and audiences love it and cannot figure it out IF handled correctly.
3)Watch Routine, have not worked this into my act yet, but man it is powerful and a joy to watch, no pun intended!
4)BTCS, this is devious, I remember watching it and just thinking "HOW?!" I use it mainly for a seeing at the fingertips act.
5)Voodoo, I do not perform this, but it was an absolute joy to watch and it is just a real odd ball all around!

-Jake
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-03-31 13:43, magician 336 wrote:
1)Spoon Bends, I use his spoon bends every performance, they look like the real thing!
3)Perfected Center Tear, love it, possibly the best utility item in my arsenal for anything!
2)Solid Steel Blindfold, I just got mine last week and audiences love it and cannot figure it out IF handled correctly.
3)Watch Routine, have not worked this into my act yet, but man it is powerful and a joy to watch, no pun intended!
4)BTCS, this is devious, I remember watching it and just thinking "HOW?!" I use it mainly for a seeing at the fingertips act.
5)Voodoo, I do not perform this, but it was an absolute joy to watch and it is just a real odd ball all around!

-Jake

You have quite a unique way of counting, my friend. Smile

For my top 5 I'll go with:

Watch Routine
Predict-Tac-Toe
Challenge Mindreading
Two Cards in the Pocket
Linking Finger Rings
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2012-03-31 01:35, jimtron wrote:
Quote:

Wish I could ad more but I never looked at his stuff and only know of the bend because of some recent footage posted.

One big differance is that mine is in the persons hand and you see it bending even in their flat out palm.

However it is important to publicly note the differances betweeen my presentation and the one Rich, uses.

Jim

H.o.A-X

H.o.A-X

Well up pops you.

Has not been yet.

J im

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-03-31 21:18, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jim

H.o.A-X

H.o.A-X

Well up pops you.

Has not been yet.

J im

H.o.A-X

...Like most who say they're going to post a video and never do.

It doesn't take a year of preparation to walk around the corner to the petrol station and have a friend hold your iPhone for a moment.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
1 Ultra Board
2 ESP Stack
3 BCS (especially Card Calling and Two Cards in Pocket)
4 Psychological Impossibility
5 Digital Feedback Extraordinaire
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
Many people have been putting 'watch routine' on their top 5, I'm trying to develop a routine with a watch but I cannot find osterlind's, anyone card to post a link? - would be deeply appreciated
- Hugh
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2592 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
It's on his first DVD set
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Mind Mysteries vol 1, 4th routine
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3913 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Hmmm...There's a difference between what effects I admire -- and which ones I actually USE. Here they are...in a kinda-sorta order:

1) Alpha Mental absolutely positively blows people away. And it's easy from a technical standpoint. (I'm big on "easy" since I am old and have a hard time remembering stuff.)
2) Mental Epic has always been a favorite effect of mine...while I know Richard didn't invent this effect, he refined it enough that I consider the routine "his" and the ME board he sells is a literal dream come true for me.
3) ODDS is a fixture in every adult show I do. It's a routine that grows better with each presentation.
4) Center Tear is something I only use for close-up right now...but I can see it becoming a part of my stage show at some point.
5) Bank Night is one of the funniest routines I do. The method is Richard's, but it's evolved into a much more personal presentation.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 16:57, Exitmat wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-31 21:18, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jim

H.o.A-X

H.o.A-X

Well up pops you.

Has not been yet.

J im

H.o.A-X

...Like most who say they're going to post a video and never do.

It doesn't take a year of preparation to walk around the corner to the petrol station and have a friend hold your iPhone for a moment.

Wow some Girl/Guy who I do not know and hides in the dark gets snarky.

The videos of my work can be found.

J im

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1002 Posts

Profile of kcalB
My favorite by far is Clearly Q&A.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I have to agree I love all of Richards work especially his Q&A he is a pure genius.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Well, James - you said, last year, that you'd post it in the Café. Where might this video be found?
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's top 5 effects (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL