The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's top 5 effects (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, Escamoteur wrote:
Hello,

https://osterlindmysteries.com/store/ind......ts_id=15

Regards

Yes thank you but that is his Breakthrough Card System, which I have.
He brought out, in the early 2000s a Memorised deck version where you could memorised his BCS called MEMORIZED Breakthrough Card System. (MBCS)

It's not on his site and no magic dealer seems to stock it.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Escamoteur
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Hello,

My apologies. I read too quickly and did not pay attention to detail.

https://osterlindmysteries.com/store/ind......ts_id=14

Hope that this is helpful.

Regards
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3348 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Jared wrote:
The Watch Routine (brilliant routining)
Breakthrough Card System (Card Calling, 2 Cards in Pocket etc.)
Alpha Mental Plus (his update on the original routine)
Total Knockout (His outstanding routine, but not the props he employs)
Hands-Off (One of the finest mentalism card effects you can perform)

I have seen "Hands Off" miss too many times for me to feel comfortable with it. Just my opinion.
ltrblst
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:

I have seen "Hands Off" miss too many times for me to feel comfortable with it. Just my opinion.

How can you miss it?

I mean, if you follow the latest version in terms setup; I don't want to expose the method but I think you should be pretty safe.
-- Lut
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3348 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, ltrblst wrote:
Quote:

How can you miss it?

I mean, if you follow the latest version in terms setup; I don't want to expose the method but I think you should be pretty safe.

I have found a lot of people are not used to using jumbo cards. More than once, the card is not placed in the middle, instead placed in the 10 to 17 card area.
ltrblst
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How can you miss it?

I have found a lot of people are not used to using jumbo cards. More than once, the card is not placed in the middle, instead placed in the 10 to 17 card area.

That would be a big problem indeed!

Spectator management is very important in this effect, also because the magician is supposed to turn his back and cannot actually verify what he is doing... I try to peek with my peripheral vision, but if he doesn't stick the card about in the middle the effect is lost :-(

I don't know what can be done to avoid/mitigate such a scenario.

Never happened to me, but I only performed "Hands Off" a handful of times, and I love it.
-- Lut
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How can you miss it?

Whilst punters will always do the strangest things, I think with proper emphasis on the middle of the deck, all should be well.
You can then play off this buy saying "try and get it exactly in the middle... ...oh you were no bad as I think your card is the 23rd card, that's close to the middle!

And even in the case they do put it in the wrong place then you will still be able to name the card and be off by one and can use that as near enough.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, Escamoteur wrote:
Hello,

My apologies. I read too quickly and did not pay attention to detail.

https://osterlindmysteries.com/store/ind......ts_id=14

Hope that this is helpful.

Regards

Yikes! So I have to buy a whole dvd set that I already have just to get the booklet that I don't!
ltrblst
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, Shrubsole wrote:

Whilst punters will always do the strangest things, I think with proper emphasis on the middle of the deck, all should be well.
You can then play off this buy saying "try and get it exactly in the middle... ...oh you were no bad as I think your card is the 23rd card, that's close to the middle!

And even in the case they do put it in the wrong place then you will still be able to name the card and be off by one and can use that as near enough.

Great tips. Thank you.
-- Lut
Sharktale
View Profile
New user
Ukraine
30 Posts

Profile of Sharktale
I will include 5 that I regularly perform for paying audiences. They are little bit modified, with my touches on every single one of them.

- Watch Routine;
- Dynamo deck;
- Spoon Bending;
- Mantel Epic done with index cards.
- Perfect CT.
Kassim
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Kassim
Watch routine
card calling
hands off
spoon bending
magazine test
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's top 5 effects (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL