The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » My email alerts are not getting to me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
116 Posts

Profile of magic soul
I am not recieving emails when someone messages me on here please tell me why and can you sort it out please let me know
andy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5156 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Andy, go to your preferences tab and make sure the line that says to send you emails when PM's are received is still checked to yes.
Where the magic begins
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
116 Posts

Profile of magic soul
Yes it is.Now what
andy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5156 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Go to edit profile and make sure the email address we have on file for you is correct. If it is not, you can change it to a current address.
Where the magic begins
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
Same problem... I don't get any email saying that there is a reply on my topics ! my email adress ends in "@live.fr". does it have something to do with it ?

and I receive half of the email alerts about private messages. It drives me mad
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
116 Posts

Profile of magic soul
My email is email address removed due to spam concerns the sane as its always been and that's also ok on my profile anything else.i used to get them ok
andy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5156 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Amazing boy, you only will only receive a notice about replies posted if you started the topic. You must also check the little white box under your post requesting an email notification. I looked at all of your posts and you haven't started many topics. Of those you did start, only a few a checked to receive a notice.

Most of the topics are rather old and it's very possible that you did receive the notice and noone else has posted since that notice.

As for the PM notification, you said you recieve half of them. I'm not sure what that problem could be. If you receive some PM notices, you should receive them all.

Magic soul, I'm not sure what the problem can be with your notifications. Everything seems to be alright. Our tech folks may have to get involved at this point.
Where the magic begins
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
116 Posts

Profile of magic soul
Ok let me know when fixed thanks
andy
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Andy, I just sent you a test PM message, and watched the server email queue as the PM notification message was sent to your btinternet server. It left our server without a hitch. Please let me know if/when you receive the message.

If the message doesn't come to your btinternet Inbox, you might want to check your spam box, just in case.
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
Thanks a lot for your help and clarifications dave !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » My email alerts are not getting to me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL