The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Double cold deck scenario (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
876 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hey guys,
just thought of this hilarious cheating scenario.
Imagine a private poker game, 4 players in the game.
It's time for the shuffle. One player shuffles, passes the cards to be cut to the player on the right, just like standard procedure. The person cuts and switches decks in the process. The dealer collects the deck, and brings it to the edge of the table, switching the deck again for his favor, and starts dealing.
When the cutter checks his hand, all the hands are obviously blown.
This is obviously impossible to execute, just thought it would be hilarious if this actually happened.

Michael
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
4 players in a game is not that much...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19760 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The whole thing seems to be geared at screwing your partner, who would probably then just do the same by pointing out the extra deck in your lap.

I have never pulled one, but I thought most gambling cons were designed to get the money, not so much to get laughs. I could be WAY off on this though.

I don't know if it is "impossible to execute" but more pointless.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
876 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2009-12-13 19:31, AMcD wrote:

Well, you probably don't want to have a lot of players in a game if you're about to switch decks. Safer... Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Usually, when we switch a deck, many players around the table work together. Cold decking alone is a good way to enter a plastic surgery program sooner than expected...

Then, two cold deckers at the same time out of four players is much like a Hollywood scenario than a possible event.

IMHO
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19760 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-12-14 00:26, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-13 19:31, AMcD wrote:

Well, you probably don't want to have a lot of players in a game if you're about to switch decks. Safer... Smile

While I have never tried to execue a gambling scam, I have been in a lot of poker games. Have you ever sat at a table? Seriously.

I have seen video posted here of guys who had to use 2 different deck colors JUST SO YOU WOULD KNOW THEY SWITCHED THEM! Could have switched them in a game with me while I watched and I would have been the chump dejour.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Are you talking about me? Just in case, I've never seen a card table, I don't even know what a card looks like...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19760 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Matter of fact no not talking about you
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
Bit like The Sting.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of No. 92
Cept Newman played the shirt to win that pot. Shaw was the cold decker. But your right tommy it's a bit like the sting.
FILL--IPINESS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of FILL--IPINESS
What about a triple cold deck ? or a quadruple cold deck

now that would be good.

FILL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Double cold deck scenario (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL